We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

File or assembley name Syncfusion.Core...not found

Hi I have created an installer which installs an app which includes the Essential grid. On the first machine that I am testing on (win 2000) I am getting the following error File or assembly name Syncfusion.Core, or one of its dependencies, was not found. I can confirm that the dll does exist in the application directory. Has anyone come across before and what would cause this?

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 6, 2005 09:58 AM UTC

Bit more info File or assembly name Syncfusion.Core, or one of its dependencies, was not found. at System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.CreateCAObject(Int32& propNum, Assembly& assembly) at System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.GetObject() at System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.CheckConsistencyAndCreateArray(CustomAttribute caItem, Type caType) at System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.GetCustomAttributes(MemberInfo member, Type caType, Boolean inherit) at System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.GetCustomAttributes(Type type, Type caType, Boolean inherit) at System.RuntimeType.GetCustomAttributes(Type attributeType, Boolean inherit) at System.Attribute.GetCustomAttributes(MemberInfo element, Type type, Boolean inherit) at System.Attribute.GetCustomAttribute(MemberInfo element, Type attributeType, Boolean inherit) at System.ComponentModel.LicenseManager.ValidateInternalRecursive(LicenseContext context, Type type, Object instance, Boolean allowExceptions, License& license, String& licenseKey) at System.ComponentModel.LicenseManager.ValidateInternal(Type type, Object instance, Boolean allowExceptions, License& license) at System.ComponentModel.LicenseManager.Validate(Type type) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControl..ctor(GridModel model) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControl..ctor() at N15CSXL.frmIncome.InitializeComponent() at N15CSXL.frmIncome..ctor() at N15CSXL.IncomeForm.ShowForm(Application Excl, Int32 lUnitID, Int32 nType, String sYear, String sPatch, String sUser, String sPassword, String sXLPwd) >Hi > >I have created an installer which installs an app which includes the Essential grid. > >On the first machine that I am testing on (win 2000) I am getting the following error > >File or assembly name Syncfusion.Core, or one of its dependencies, was not found. > >I can confirm that the dll does exist in the application directory. > >Has anyone come across before and what would cause this? >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 6, 2005 05:47 PM UTC

Hi, Are all assemblies the same version? For example if Grid.Base is version 3.200.1.0 then Syncfusion.Core should also be version 3.200.1.0 And are all assemblies and the exe in the same folder or are they installed in separate folders? When you just do a xcopy deployment by copying all the dlls and your exe onto a different machine does that work? The licx should contain a line Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.LicensedComponent, Syncfusion.Core. No version is needed there. Stefan >Bit more info > >File or assembly name Syncfusion.Core, or one of its dependencies, was not found. >at System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.CreateCAObject(Int32& propNum, Assembly& assembly) > at System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.GetObject() > at System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.CheckConsistencyAndCreateArray(CustomAttribute caItem, Type caType) > at System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.GetCustomAttributes(MemberInfo member, Type caType, Boolean inherit) > at System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.GetCustomAttributes(Type type, Type caType, Boolean inherit) > at System.RuntimeType.GetCustomAttributes(Type attributeType, Boolean inherit) > at System.Attribute.GetCustomAttributes(MemberInfo element, Type type, Boolean inherit) > at System.Attribute.GetCustomAttribute(MemberInfo element, Type attributeType, Boolean inherit) > at System.ComponentModel.LicenseManager.ValidateInternalRecursive(LicenseContext context, Type type, Object instance, Boolean allowExceptions, License& license, String& licenseKey) > at System.ComponentModel.LicenseManager.ValidateInternal(Type type, Object instance, Boolean allowExceptions, License& license) > at System.ComponentModel.LicenseManager.Validate(Type type) > at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControl..ctor(GridModel model) > at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControl..ctor() > at N15CSXL.frmIncome.InitializeComponent() > at N15CSXL.frmIncome..ctor() > at N15CSXL.IncomeForm.ShowForm(Application Excl, Int32 lUnitID, Int32 nType, String sYear, String sPatch, String sUser, String sPassword, String sXLPwd) > > >>Hi >> >>I have created an installer which installs an app which includes the Essential grid. >> >>On the first machine that I am testing on (win 2000) I am getting the following error >> >>File or assembly name Syncfusion.Core, or one of its dependencies, was not found. >> >>I can confirm that the dll does exist in the application directory. >> >>Has anyone come across before and what would cause this? >>

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 8, 2005 09:43 PM UTC

Turns out that the license I was given wasn''t correct for all the applications I was using in the app. Getting a new license and also reinstalling Syncfusion to clear any old files sorted the problem. Regards Ross

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon