We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridGrouping Control, "flattening" master detail...

(Using v3.2.1.0) I''ve got a master/detail dataset that I''m displaying in a grid grouping control. I would like to display the first detail record on the same row as the master record, sort of "flattening" out the groups. The problem is that I still want to suppress redundant fields from the master record, and only display them after a "group" break. Uh, this is probably confusing, so I''ll sketch it out: CompanyName1 Order#1 OrderQty Order#2 OrderQty Order#3 OrderQty CompanyName2 Order#1 OrderQty Order#2 OrderQty ...and so on. Is there a good way to do this with the GridGrouping control? Or should I be using some feature of a regular databound grid. Thanks, s.s.

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 5, 2005 06:32 PM UTC

Some formatting was lost in the above post. It should really show the Order# and OrderQty columns as being "aligned" for all rows.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 5, 2005 06:43 PM UTC

Do you still want to be able to collapse and expand the master rows? Or, are they always expanded? If they are always expanded, it might be easier to do this if you think of adding the master information to the first row of the details, and not thinking about it as adding the first row of the details to the master row. Depending upon whether you need the +/- available, maybe I can suggest something.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 5, 2005 06:46 PM UTC

No, I do not need to be able to expand/collapse the groups. It''s more like a single result set, with duplicates suppressed. Thanks, s.s.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 5, 2005 07:46 PM UTC

Here is a try at this using a GriddataBoundGrid. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GDBG_Flattened_bd87ea90.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 5, 2005 07:58 PM UTC

Wow. Thanks, I''m going through your example right now. Have I mentioned how fantastic Syncfusion support is? Later, s.s.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon