We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

GridGrouping Control, "flattening" master detail...

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

28631 May 5,2005 02:30 PM May 5,2005 03:58 PM Windows Forms 5
Tags: GridControl
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On May 5, 2005 02:30 PM

(Using v3.2.1.0) I''ve got a master/detail dataset that I''m displaying in a grid grouping control. I would like to display the first detail record on the same row as the master record, sort of "flattening" out the groups. The problem is that I still want to suppress redundant fields from the master record, and only display them after a "group" break. Uh, this is probably confusing, so I''ll sketch it out: CompanyName1 Order#1 OrderQty Order#2 OrderQty Order#3 OrderQty CompanyName2 Order#1 OrderQty Order#2 OrderQty ...and so on. Is there a good way to do this with the GridGrouping control? Or should I be using some feature of a regular databound grid. Thanks, s.s.

Replied On May 5, 2005 02:32 PM

Some formatting was lost in the above post. It should really show the Order# and OrderQty columns as being "aligned" for all rows.

Replied On May 5, 2005 02:43 PM

Do you still want to be able to collapse and expand the master rows? Or, are they always expanded? If they are always expanded, it might be easier to do this if you think of adding the master information to the first row of the details, and not thinking about it as adding the first row of the details to the master row. Depending upon whether you need the +/- available, maybe I can suggest something.

Replied On May 5, 2005 02:46 PM

No, I do not need to be able to expand/collapse the groups. It''s more like a single result set, with duplicates suppressed. Thanks, s.s.

Replied On May 5, 2005 03:46 PM

Here is a try at this using a GriddataBoundGrid. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GDBG_Flattened_bd87ea90.zip

Replied On May 5, 2005 03:58 PM

Wow. Thanks, I''m going through your example right now. Have I mentioned how fantastic Syncfusion support is? Later, s.s.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;