We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Deployment of Grid

Hi, I am trying to deploy a program with the Syncfusion GridControl on it (virtual implementation). I tried to generate the license file but the line inside always doesn''t contain the culture / key information : Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.LicensedComponent, Syncfusion.Core According to the doc, the line in the licx file should look like this : Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.LicensedComponent, Syncfusion.Core, Version=3.200.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=632609b4d040f6b4 I tried to open a clean solution, and tried dragging in the control and compile and run the prog, it shows the licencing dialog and I do according to what the doc said, the licx file is generated, but still the line inside the licx file doesn''t have the latter part. May I know if I have done any wrong in generating the license file? P.S. I am using 3.2.0 on .Net framework 1.1. P.P.S. For the deployment, I copied over the SF''s precompiled assemblies under the same dir as the .exe file, together with the licx file. Is it the way we do the deployment? And, can I create a folder for putting in all the SF''s precompiled assemblies but still can make the prog run normal? Thanks a lot for your help! Eric

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 5, 2005 09:52 AM UTC

Seeing only Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.LicensedComponent, Syncfusion.Core in the licx file suggests that you may be using the version 3.2.1.0 instead of version 3.2.0.0. With 3.2.1.0, you do not need the version information in the licx file, and it simplifies things not to include it. You only need to include the Syncfusion dlls, not the licx file, in your deployment. Open your project in visual studio, open the refernces node in the Solution Explorer window. Click each syncfusion reference and check its version in teh property window. They should all be the same and what you expect to see. Then click SHow All Files in teh solution explorer and double click the licx file to open it an dcheck its content. Also check its BuildType in its property window to make sure it is Embedded Resource. Then build your probject. The deployment package should only need to be the Syncfusion DLLs listed in teh references and your exe. No Licx. If you are using 3.2.0.0 you might want to download the actual release, 3.2.1.0 and use it.

EL Eric Luk May 6, 2005 12:08 AM UTC

Hi, Thanks very much! I got it up and running. But I would like to know the way this works, because when I do the deployment, I simply send together with the dll under the "PreCompiled Assemblies". Where does this license information put in? Is it inside the .exe file? Thanks! Eric

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 6, 2005 12:44 AM UTC

It is embedded in the exe file.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon