We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

A few Quick Questions

Hi, I am very intersted in HTMLUI but I have a few quick questions about it. Basically, I need to be certain I can do a few rudimentary things: 1. Access the selected text to do things like change it (the text), make it bold, italic, change it''s font size, etc. 2. Access the images so I can change their paths. I will be copying them from a local db to the file system, along with the HTML, before I load the HTML. I will need to be able to modify the path to them depending on the directory the app was installed to. I hate having to post simple questions like this; normally I would just install the trial version and play with it, but I can''t risk installing anything new on my dev machines right now. Thanks, Chris Moses

3 Replies

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team May 2, 2005 10:38 PM UTC

Hi Chris, >Hi, >I am very intersted in HTMLUI but I have a few quick questions about it. Basically, I need to be certain I can do a few rudimentary things: > >1. Access the selected text to do things like change it (the text), make it bold, italic, change it''s font size, etc. Thank you for your interest in HTMLUI. It is possible to change the style and content of any of the text elements displayed inside HTMLUI. Is your requirement for changing the appearance of an entire element or part of an element? The current version does not provide access to the currently selected elements (as HTML Elements with information about the selected text within the element). We can look into exposing the selected text including the elements that hold them along with the details of the selected text within each element. I will create a feature request for this. > >2. Access the images so I can change their paths. I will be copying them from a local db to the file system, along with the HTML, before I load the HTML. I will need to be able to modify the path to them depending on the directory the app was installed to. This is possible by handling the PreRenderDocument event of the control. The individual elements can be accessed in the event handler and their attributes changed before the document is displayed. > >I hate having to post simple questions like this; normally I would just install the trial version and play with it, but I can''t risk installing anything new on my dev machines right now. > >Thanks, >Chris Moses > > Please let us know if you need any further information. Thanks, Davis

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 2, 2005 11:34 PM UTC

Hi, Thanks for the fast reply. It terms of interacting with the selection, I need to be able to do things like highlight, bold, (etc...) whatever text the user has highlighted. Thanks

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team May 3, 2005 10:12 PM UTC

Hi Chris, Thanks for the feedback. We will add support for programatically accessing the elements that have text selected. Right now, the SelectedText property only provides access to the text that is selected (even if its across several elements). Thanks, Davis

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon