We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Font size in the tab of TabbedMDIManager

i used the TabbedMDIManager and its a graet tool. In the Way i used it, i will display a lot of information in the tab header (often there is onle one tab). After 64 character the fonsize get smaller, it is possible to disable this feature? Philipp

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 28, 2005 09:19 PM UTC

Hi Philipp, You can control the Font of the TabbedMdiManager through the following properties: this.tabbedMDIManager1.TabGroupHosts[n].MDITabPanel.ActiveTabFont; this.tabbedMDIManager1.TabGroupHosts[n].MDITabPanel.Font; For example, if you want to set the Font of all the active tabs to Arial at size 16, you would use the following code snippet: foreach (TabHost host in this.tabbedMDIManager.TabGroupHosts) { host.MDITabPanel.ActiveTabFont = new Font("Arial", 16); } Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

PS Philipp Schuette May 2, 2005 01:16 PM UTC

Hi Gregory, thanks a lot for your reply. Your solution works with arial or tahoma, but not with microsoft sans serif. tahoma is fine for me. Philipp

KE Ken November 10, 2005 12:43 AM UTC

Hi, I got an problem with that when I used VS2005 and v3.3. I had no problem with resize the text but when I create new horizontal/ vertical groups, text on tabs on the new group fall back to smaller size. >Hi Gregory, > >thanks a lot for your reply. Your solution works with arial or tahoma, but not with microsoft sans serif. tahoma is fine for me. > >Philipp

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team November 10, 2005 06:23 AM UTC

Hi Ken, This is because the TabbedMDIManager calculates the tabGroupHosts and apply the tabFont to the tabs in those tabHosts. When you create a new Horizontal TabGroup, that particular tab moves out of the tabGroupHost count, and it''s font changes itself to its original size. However if you create a Horizontal TabGroup and then apply the TabFont, it will work. Instead of using the above code snippet, you could handle the tabControlAdded event to change the Font. this.tabbedMDIManager.TabControlAdded += new TabbedMDITabControlEventHandler(tabbedMDIManager_TabControlAdded); private void tabbedMDIManager_TabControlAdded(object sender, TabbedMDITabControlEventArgs args) { args.TabControl.Font = new Font("MS Comic Sans", 12); args.TabControl.ActiveTabFont = new Font("MS Comic Sans", 14); } Let me know if this meets your requirements. Regards, Mano

KE Ken November 10, 2005 06:34 PM UTC

Thanks. That is what I found. But it does not work for Custom Controls provided by Syncfusion example. Thanks >Hi Ken, > >This is because the TabbedMDIManager calculates the tabGroupHosts and apply the tabFont to the tabs in those tabHosts. When you create a new Horizontal TabGroup, that particular tab moves out of the tabGroupHost count, and it''s font changes itself to its original size. > >However if you create a Horizontal TabGroup and then apply the TabFont, it will work. > >Instead of using the above code snippet, you could handle the tabControlAdded event to change the Font. > >this.tabbedMDIManager.TabControlAdded += new TabbedMDITabControlEventHandler(tabbedMDIManager_TabControlAdded); > >private void tabbedMDIManager_TabControlAdded(object sender, TabbedMDITabControlEventArgs args) >{ > args.TabControl.Font = new Font("MS Comic Sans", 12); > args.TabControl.ActiveTabFont = new Font("MS Comic Sans", 14); >} > > >Let me know if this meets your requirements. > >Regards, >Mano

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team November 11, 2005 04:08 AM UTC

Hi Ken, Could you please provide the exact requirement you are trying to do? It will be helpful to us in working out this issue. Regards, Mano

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon