We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

readonly cannot be reset

I have a databound grid with a column that uses a user control. Depending on locks put by other users editing the same data, I want to make the grid read-only or editable. When the grid goes read-only, I want my user control to display in a different way, so I set the column that contains it to read-only. The control is then made read-only by the grid, and it can handle the special display mode. I use the following code to make the grid read-only or editable: void SetGridReadOnly( bool ReadOnly ) { if ( ReadOnly ) { this.grdRule.Model.ColStyles[2].ReadOnly = ReadOnly; this.grdRule.EnableAddNew = !ReadOnly; this.grdRule.Model.ReadOnly = ReadOnly; } else { this.grdRule.Model.ReadOnly = ReadOnly; this.grdRule.Model.ColStyles[2].ReadOnly = ReadOnly; this.grdRule.EnableAddNew = !ReadOnly; } } Alas, when I try to reset the ReadOnly property in the ColStyle, it does not work. The grid ignores the new setting. I noticed a similar behavior also with simple columns (e.g. a TextBox). In that case, I could set the style to static, and work around the problem. In this case I don''t know what to do. Can you help, please? Thanks. Regards, Raul Rosenthal SDB SpA

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 28, 2005 01:49 AM UTC

Hi Raul, Making a column readonly means that it cannot be changed (EVEN from code). If you later want to make a change to a readonly column, please set grid.IgnoreReadOnly = true, then make the change, and then set grid.ReadOnly back to false. This is by design. void SetGridReadOnly( bool ReadOnly ) { if ( ReadOnly ) { this.grdRule.Model.ColStyles[2].ReadOnly = ReadOnly; this.grdRule.EnableAddNew = !ReadOnly; this.grdRule.Model.ReadOnly = ReadOnly; } else { this.grdRule.IgnoreReadOnly = true; this.grdRule.Model.ReadOnly = ReadOnly; this.grdRule.Model.ColStyles[2].ReadOnly = ReadOnly; this.grdRule.EnableAddNew = !ReadOnly; this.grdRule.IgnoreReadOnly = false; } } Best regards, Jay N

RR Raul Rosenthal April 28, 2005 07:56 AM UTC

Thank you. I''ll try this way. Regards, Raul

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon