We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Version 3.2 Unhandled Exception on Shutdown (Licensing)

As for nearly 3 weeks noone answered my Update Incident (17827) I try it now here in the forum: I installed the version 3.2 of Essential Studio. My application is an MFC application that uses .NET libraries (COM InterOp). One of these COM libraries uses the Essential Edit. When I test my application everything works fine (Essential Edit is shown) until shutdown (after all of my objects are released). When all the DLLs are unloaded, a messagebox pops up with the text: "An unhandled exception of type ''System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException'' occurred in syncfusion.core.dll Additional information: External component has thrown an exception." When I then break into the debugger the call stack is: 00000000() Syncfusion.core.dll!Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.FusionLicenseProvider.Finalize()+0x4e bytes The debug output shows: "First-chance exception at 0x7c90eb74 (ntdll.dll) in omseq.EXE: 0xC0000008: An invalid HANDLE was specified. An unhandled exception of type ''System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException'' occurred in syncfusion.core.dll Additional information: External component has thrown an exception." This problem did not appear with the Beta version of 3.1.0.1 I had on my machine. I have changed the license.licx file as you described in your readme file. As it looks in the moment this problem only occurs in the IDE Debugger. If I start the program from the explorer it shuts down without this message box.

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 26, 2005 08:07 AM UTC

Hi Lukas, Ask Syncfusion for sending you the download instructions for the version 3.2.1.0 by opening an incident. There were some known bugs in the 3.2.0.0 version. Regards, Thomas

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 27, 2005 05:07 AM UTC

Hi Thomas, thank you for the tip. The updated version 3.2.1 solved my problem. The exception is not there any more. Regards, Lukas

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon