We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Replacing MDI child Forms in a TabbedMDIManager

I have a situation where I am using a TabbedMDIManager and I want to replace an MDI child Form in a tab. That is, assuming I have multiple tabs visible and the selected tab is the 2nd one. Based on some user action, I want to replace the MDI child Form in that 2nd tab with a different MDI child Form. The best I could come up with is to close the 2nd (active) tab, create the new Form, set its MDIParent = this, Show() the new child Form, and then move the new tab to the 2nd tab position. This works, but there is all sorts of flashing that occurs because what happens is that updates occur when the old tab is closed (some other tab becomes selected and focused), and then the new MDI child Form gets added and given focus. What I''d like to do is somehow defer these updates. I''ve tried calling SuspendLayout()/ResumeLayout() on the TabbedMDIManager and the contained MDITabPanel objects, but this doesn''t seem to make any difference. Any idea on how to accomplish this with a minimal amount of flickering?

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 25, 2005 09:13 PM UTC

Hi Peter, Please take a look at the following FAQ Entry: Is there a way to halt a screen from painting until all the controls on the form are initialized? Hopefully it will solve your problem. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon