We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to Get Selected Row Information returned from GridListControl

We just started working with Essential Studio and our developer ran into an issue using the GridListControl. We present a list to the user for them to select a row and hit the Select button. The following code was implemented to read the value of the row the user selected. But instead of the selected row''s value we get "System.Data.DataRowView" returned. How do you get the value(s) from the selected row returned to the program? Here is our current code: Private Sub btnSelect_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnSelect.Click Dim grd As DataGrid Dim selind As Integer Dim obj As Object obj = Me.GridListControl1.SelectedItem() selind = Me.GridListControl1.SelectedIndex curprj = Me.GridListControl1.GetItemText(Me.GridListControl1.SelectedItem) Me.Close() End Sub

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 26, 2005 12:01 AM UTC

Hi Bob, Here is some code to get the selected values in GridListControl. private void button1_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { GridRangeInfoList list; this.gridListControl1.Grid.Selections.GetSelectedRanges(out list, true); foreach(GridRangeInfo range in list) { GridRangeInfo range1 = range.ExpandRange(1,1,this.gridListControl1.Grid.RowCount, this.gridListControl1.Grid.ColCount); for(int i = range1.Top; i <= range1.Bottom; i++) for(int j= range1.Left; j <= range1.Right; j++) { Console.WriteLine(this.gridListControl1.Grid.Model[i, j].Text.ToString()); } } } Best Regards, Jay N

BW Bob Wis April 26, 2005 12:30 PM UTC

Thanks Jay, Thanks for the info. One question: It appears that your example is in C# and We are using VB.NET. We were wondering how you would accomplish the same thing in VB.NET? Bob

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 26, 2005 06:19 PM UTC

Hi Bob, Here is the VB.NET code: Dim list As GridRangeInfoList Me.gridListControl1.Grid.Selections.GetSelectedRanges(list, True) Dim range As GridRangeInfo For Each range In list Dim range1 As GridRangeInfo = range.ExpandRange(1, 1, Me.gridListControl1.Grid.RowCount, Me.gridListControl1.Grid.ColCount) Dim i As Integer For i = range1.Top To range1.Bottom Dim j As Integer For j = range1.Left To range1.Right Console.WriteLine(Me.gridListControl1.Grid.Model(i, j).Text.ToString()) Next j Next i Next range Best regards, Jay N

BW Bob Wis April 26, 2005 11:03 PM UTC

Jay, Thanks again. The code generates a build error that the GridRangeInfo and GridRangeInfoList types are not defined. Are we missing a Reference to one of the libraries? Bob

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 27, 2005 03:01 AM UTC

Hi Bob, Please include this namespace: Imports Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid Best regards, Jay N

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon