We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GroupingGrid: Empty cells, but no empty DataSource

Hi! I have a strange situation... I have my nested table from an ArrayList of ArrayList, and all the underlying data is built correctly. All the data exists, and has its normal values. Indeed, the nested table shows the right number of child rows, but all the cells of those rows are empty. The data is valid: I have another GroupingGrid in the same form, with a DataSource that has the same data and structure of that child rows'' one. Any idea of what could be happening? Thank you very much!

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 25, 2005 12:47 PM UTC

Check the Property names of the public properties in the object used in your arraylists and the names you used to set up the ColumnDescriptors in the grid.TableDescriptor.Columns collections (and the child column descriptors as well). These must match and are case sensitive. If they do not match, you will see empty columns. Another thing to check are if any exceptions are being noted in your output window. If you can upload a sample project showing the problem, we can try to spot it here.

RO Roberto Obispo April 25, 2005 03:23 PM UTC

I''ve located an error... While initializating the child table, it throws an exception accessing the "Count" member of the myChildTable.TableDescriptor.Columns. In my project, the child table was assigned this way: Dim myChildTable As GridTable myChildTable = FatherGrid.GetTable("LinkMember") And the exception thrown is this: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Syncfusion.Grouping.RelationDescriptorCollection.EnsureInitialized(Boolean populate) at Syncfusion.Grouping.RelationDescriptorCollection.get_Version() at Syncfusion.Grouping.FieldDescriptorCollection.EnsureInitialized(Boolean populate) at Syncfusion.Grouping.FieldDescriptorCollection.get_Count() at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridColumnDescriptorCollection.EnsureInitialized(Boolean populate) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridColumnDescriptorCollection.get_Count() At other projects, I''ve assigned the TableDescriptor properties of the child table in the same way, and It worked properly. It makes me think on that thing you said a few posts ago, about properties not initialized in the exception point. I''ve tried adding the code you gave me that time, that was like this one: Dim TmpInteger As Integer = myChildTable.TableDescriptor.Columns.Count but it keeps crashing the same way, despite it works fine at other project. I''ve checked the mapping names, and the public property names, and everything is right by that side. In fact, I have another GGC with the same mapping names, and the same data structure, that works fine. Does this post give you a clue to find out what is happening, without having to upload a sample from my project? Thank you very much!

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 26, 2005 12:06 AM UTC

Hi Roberto, What version of the Grid are you using? There has been some fixes related to this in the 3.2 ver. Can you please try in this version? Thanks, Jay N

RO Roberto Obispo April 26, 2005 08:16 AM UTC

Hi, Jay. We are using the 3.0.1.0 version. When we purchased the license, we were given a link to download that version. How could we get the new version? The "Check for Updates" feature didn''t found any update available to download. Thank you very much

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 26, 2005 06:12 PM UTC

Hi Roberto, Can you please open a Direct-Trac incident? We will send you the download instructions and the unlock key. Thanks, Jay N

RO Roberto Obispo April 28, 2005 10:27 AM UTC

Hi, Jay. I''ve tried with the new version, and it keeps showing the child rows greyed. The underlying data is correct, and the mapping names/col headers too. I can recover the data without problems by clicking on any cell, and everything seems right... Here''s a clue: I''m getting messages like this one in the Output window: "Could not find Field with name FieldName in ChildTableName" Where "FieldName" is every field I want to show, and "ChildTableName" the name of the child table. I''m not sure of what could be the problem, because those fields exists, and are perfectly accesible if I check the underlying data. Also, no exceptions were thrown. Thank you very much!

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 28, 2005 10:12 PM UTC

Hi Roberto, it is best if you post a sample that shows the problem. Then we can debug into it. Make sure also all your lists are registered with grid.Engine.SourceListSet with a correct table name. That table name must be the same as RelationDescriptor.ChildTableName. Stefan >Hi, Jay. I''ve tried with the new version, and it keeps showing the child rows greyed. The underlying data is correct, and the mapping names/col headers too. I can recover the data without problems by clicking on any cell, and everything seems right... > >Here''s a clue: I''m getting messages like this one in the Output window: > >"Could not find Field with name FieldName in ChildTableName" > >Where "FieldName" is every field I want to show, and "ChildTableName" the name of the child table. I''m not sure of what could be the problem, because those fields exists, and are perfectly accesible if I check the underlying data. Also, no exceptions were thrown. > >Thank you very much!

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon