We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

creating a link to a document that is created on the fly from a database

Hi, We have created an htmluicontrol inherited custom control that successfully creates an html document from a database. We would like this html document to include links to other documents that are created on the fly using the contents of a database. How do you suggest we go about doing this? I am including our code so far. Thanks! Anne ArbonneNews_273.zip

11 Replies

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team April 23, 2005 03:44 AM UTC

Hi Anne, The latest version supports a LinkClicked event. This event can be handled and the LinkForwardEventArgs can be used to specify our own action (In this case loading the data from a database). I will look into this and modify your custom control to do this and upload it at the earliest. Thank you for your patience. Regards, Davis

AT Anne Thorne April 25, 2005 06:40 PM UTC

Thank you very much, Davis. I look forward to that. Anne >Hi Anne, > >The latest version supports a LinkClicked event. This event can be handled and the LinkForwardEventArgs can be used to specify our own action (In this case loading the data from a database). I will look into this and modify your custom control to do this and upload it at the earliest. Thank you for your patience. > >Regards, > >Davis

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team April 26, 2005 03:50 AM UTC

Hi Anne, Please refer to the sample linked to below: F28028HTMLUIDB_8040.zip I modified your sample to load the data from a Access Database. You will need to change the path to the access database on your system before running the sample. Regards, Davis

AT Anne Thorne April 26, 2005 04:04 PM UTC

Thanks Davis, I am getting the errors: ''Arbonne.Components.Win.News.arbNews'' does not contain a definition for ''LinkClicked'' The type ''Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.HTMLUI.HTMLUIControl'' has no event named ''LinkClicked''. Please advise. Thanks! Anne >Hi Anne, > >Please refer to the sample linked to below: > >F28028HTMLUIDB_8040.zip > >I modified your sample to load the data from a Access Database. You will need to change the path to the access database on your system before running the sample. > >Regards, > >Davis > >

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team April 27, 2005 01:59 PM UTC

Hi Anne, Sorry about that. I have send download instructions for version 3.2.1.0 through the Direct-Trac system. This version will fix have the HTMLUIControl with the LinkClicked event. Regards, Davis

AT Anne Thorne April 27, 2005 02:19 PM UTC

Thanks, Davis. Could you let me know when that is done. I just looked and could not yet see that version in Direct-Trac... Thank you again, Anne >Hi Anne, > >Sorry about that. I have send download instructions for version 3.2.1.0 through the Direct-Trac system. This version will fix have the HTMLUIControl with the LinkClicked event. > >Regards, > >Davis

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team April 27, 2005 07:10 PM UTC

Hi Anne, I created a incident for your and pasted the link and the information needed to unlock it in that incident. Please check your support incidents in Direct-Trac. Thanks, Davis

AT Anne Thorne April 28, 2005 04:31 PM UTC

Thanks Davis - I got that example you sent working. Is there any way to have the link open in a new form instead of replacing the current htmlui document. In html this is done with a rel='nofollow' href="filename.html" target="_blank" Please let me know at your earliest convenience and thank you very much. Anne >Hi Anne, > >I created a incident for your and pasted the link and the information needed to unlock it in that incident. > >Please check your support incidents in Direct-Trac. > >Thanks, > >Davis

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team April 29, 2005 02:10 PM UTC

Hi Anne, Since HTMLUI is a control and not a standalone form like window, it does not have the capability to display a new window on its own. However, you can handle the LinkClicked event and display the window in a new form. Please see the sample linked to below: http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/uploads/18253htmluilinkclickedevent.zip The LinkClicked event does not send the A tag''s attributes at present. I will submit a feature request for this so that the target attribute can be checked for doing this. Thanks, Davis

AT Anne Thorne April 29, 2005 04:20 PM UTC

Thank you so much Davis! I am very pleased with your support on this issue. Thanks to your help we now have now built this component and have utilized your strategy for openning links in a new window (form). Anne >Hi Anne, > >Since HTMLUI is a control and not a standalone form like window, it does not have the capability to display a new window on its own. > >However, you can handle the LinkClicked event and display the window in a new form. Please see the sample linked to below: > >http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/uploads/18253htmluilinkclickedevent.zip > >The LinkClicked event does not send the A tag''s attributes at present. I will submit a feature request for this so that the target attribute can be checked for doing this. > >Thanks, > >Davis >

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team May 2, 2005 02:39 PM UTC

Hi Anne, Thanks for the feedback and cooperation. They help make HTMLUI a better product. Regards, Davis

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon