We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GroupingGrid: Problems with two GroupingGrids in the same form

Hi, I have two GroupingGrids in the same form. The first grid works fine, it''s a simple one, without nested data, and with one conditional format. The second one is a bit more complex. Its DataSource is an ArrayList of ArrayList, and has one conditional format, and one Relation in order to link the first ArrayList with the second one. As I said, the first one works fine, but the second one crashes ("Object reference not set to an instance of an object."). The initialization code is almost the same in both grids, but the second one has also this code after the initialization code: Dim myRel As New GridRelationDescriptor() myRel.RelationKind = RelationKind.UniformChildList myRel.MappingName = "LinkField" myGrid.TableDescriptor.Relations.Add(myRel) Without this fragment of code, both grids are shown perfectly (although the second one without the nested data). If it helps, I have almost the same code at other proyect, but with only one grid, and works fine, with nested data and all the stuff. Any clue of what could be happening? I''ve tried moving the relationship code to other points of the initialization, but It keeps crashing the same way. Could it be a problem with the CurrencyManager trying to manage the data for both grids? Thank you very much!

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 21, 2005 04:51 PM UTC

Can you modify the sample in this thread to show this problem? http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=27582

RO Roberto Obispo April 21, 2005 05:20 PM UTC

Hi again! I''ve modified the sample coding some dummy classes, and it works fine and smooth! I''m now sure: I have a problem with my data sources. In the modified sample, the datasources were completely sepparated. In my original project, they share a common source, in some ways. Thank you very much! I''m going to keep on working on that way :) Note: I''ve attached the modified sample. GGC_ArrayLists_VB2_1991.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon