We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Tabbing

I have a databound grid with one of the columns that uses a user control. The user control is made of some checkboxes. When I tab from a cell to the next and land on the user control cell, I cannot tab out of it. But the worst thing is that if I then click on another cell, the new cell is selected but does not go into edit mode. From that moment on, I can tab to other cells, but they never go into edit mode. If I click twice on a cell, I can edit it, and tabbing to the next cell makes the new cell editable. I tries catching the cellactivate event and call startedit, but it didn''t work. So the problems are: - how do I tab out of a user control cell? - how can I have the current cell always go into edit mode? Thank you. Regards, Raul Rosenthal SDB SpA

3 Replies

RR Raul Rosenthal April 21, 2005 10:28 AM UTC

Well, I managed to get it work, somehow. I now handle the CurrentCellKeyDown to handle the Tab key. I set ActivateCurrentCellBehavior to SelectAll. I set ForceCurrentCellMoveto to true. Tabbing and editing now works fine. The only problem is that tabbing to my custom control does not make it go into edit mode. I have to click on the cell first. I tried to call BeginEdit in CurrentCellActivate, but it does not work. Can you help, please? Thanks. Regards, Raul Rosenthal SDB SpA

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 21, 2005 10:42 AM UTC

What version are you using? In 3.0.1.0, there is a general problem with tabbing into TextBox cells. (The cell uses the tab key to show a tab in its text.) But your problem sounds a little different. I was able to see theproblem with the cell not activating after tabbing out of a usercontrol cell, but was able to tab through the user control cell OK. Here is the sample I used. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GC_UserControl_b609cb72.zip The sample has a work around for this problem which I think is the checkbox in the user control retaining the focus after you tab out of the cell. The sample uses the CurrentCellMoved event and conditionally sets the focus to the currentcell.Renderer.Control if it does not have it. Maybe something like this would work for you too.

RR Raul Rosenthal April 21, 2005 10:45 AM UTC

Thank you. I''ll try it right now. Regards, Raul

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon