We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

vbproj file layout change after upgrade to 3.2

We have all of our projects hooked to source safe for checking in and out purposes. Because of that if we ever want to make a NO SOURCE SAFE test version on our machine we have a list of steps we have to do like copying the whole directory to another directory. Delete the source safe files...A few other things and the last things is we have to edit the solution file and the vbproj file and take out the source safe code. Since your licensing utility has run now on my project i went in today to make a no source safe version and noticed the layout of my project file is TOTALLY differnt then what im use to. Why did you have to change the layout to add your lines that you added? Everything seems to work ok but that freaks me out that you went in and changed the look of it? I am attaching(and emailing) what it looked like before and what it looks like now. I know you made a backup but again why the layout change?

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 19, 2005 11:55 PM UTC

Hi Phil, we are using System.Xml.XmlDocument to parse the project, add one node (licenses.lix) and then use XmlDocument to write out the project. XmlDocument only offers one formatting option: Formatting.Indented. But this looks different than the format VS uses. What you can do to revert back to the old format where each attribute is on a separate line is to open the project in Visual Studio, make a minor change to it (e.g. change a vb file option to "Content", then back to "Compile") and then save that project back out. Developer studio will write it back out in the original format. Stefan >We have all of our projects hooked to source safe for checking in and out purposes. Because of that if we ever want to make a NO SOURCE SAFE test version on our machine we have a list of steps we have to do like copying the whole directory to another directory. Delete the source safe files...A few other things and the last things is we have to edit the solution file and the vbproj file and take out the source safe code. Since your licensing utility has run now on my project i went in today to make a no source safe version and noticed the layout of my project file is TOTALLY differnt then what im use to. Why did you have to change the layout to add your lines that you added? Everything seems to work ok but that freaks me out that you went in and changed the look of it? I am attaching(and emailing) what it looked like before and what it looks like now. I know you made a backup but again why the layout change?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 20, 2005 06:16 PM UTC

Thanks for the help. I know I can add a form or something to make that save again. What did you mean when you said (e.g. change a vb file option to "Content", then back to "Compile") I tried to find that option and couldnt. I was going to do that but havent found it yet. Thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 20, 2005 06:53 PM UTC

I think what Stefan was referring to is in the solution explorer, click on a vb file. Then in the property window, look at the Build Action property.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 20, 2005 07:17 PM UTC

Cool thanks Clay. I wondered if that was what he meant. Thanks

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon