We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Would you happen to know... why Strange Error: adding custom control from toolbar

Hi, I know that this is probably has nothing to do with your components, but I have encountered the following problem. I have posted this question on a couple of other IT Forums, and since I am inheriting from Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.HTMLUI, I thought I would post this issue here in hopes that perhaps you can discern what is happening... The following error occurs when trying to drag a custom control''s icon onto a form: Microsoft Development Environment An exception occurred while trying to create an instance of MyCustomControl.MyCustomControl. The exception was "File not found. File name is: c\documents and settings\athorne\application data\microsoft\visualstudio\MyCustomControl\MyFile.htm". OK The MyFile.htm is a file that MyCustomControl uses. I can add MyCustomControl manually, just not via the toolbox. Background: This error message first appeared while I was demo-ing my work to my co-workers I had recently tried to change MyCustomControl''s Toolbox icon. Even though I followed all of the steps for changing the icon, the icon was not changed in the Toolbox, I did not see the icon (MyCustomControl.bmp) in the Toolbox and I did not see the icon''s name in the Manifest. Since the icon was not changed, I removed MyCustomControl.bmp from the project and from the project''s folder. In some of my research in trying to decipher the above error, I found that the application data\microsoft\visualstudio folder holds toolbar information, along with other information, so I am thinking that perhaps my experimentation in changing the Toolbox icon could have caused the problem... Any help is very much appreciated! Anne

1 Reply

AT Anne Thorne April 19, 2005 06:43 PM UTC

One of the developers in my group figured out what the problem was. When the control is dragged onto the form, the constructor is initiated. The path information is confused at that point, hence it uses a toolbox type path... Part of the solution is to create the html file on the fly from a database. Thanks! Anne >Hi, > >I know that this is probably has nothing to do with your components, but I have encountered the following problem. I have posted this question on a couple of other IT Forums, and since I am inheriting from Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.HTMLUI, I thought I would post this issue here in hopes that perhaps you can discern what is happening... > >The following error occurs when trying to drag a custom control''s icon onto a form: > >Microsoft Development Environment > >An exception occurred while trying to create an instance of MyCustomControl.MyCustomControl. The exception was "File not found. File name is: c\documents and settings\athorne\application data\microsoft\visualstudio\MyCustomControl\MyFile.htm". > >OK > >The MyFile.htm is a file that MyCustomControl uses. I can add MyCustomControl manually, just not via the toolbox. >Background: This error message first appeared while I was demo-ing my work to my co-workers I had recently tried to change MyCustomControl''s Toolbox icon. Even though I followed all of the steps for changing the icon, the icon was not changed in the Toolbox, I did not see the icon (MyCustomControl.bmp) in the Toolbox and I did not see the icon''s name in the Manifest. Since the icon was not changed, I removed MyCustomControl.bmp from the project and from the project''s folder. In some of my research in trying to decipher the above error, I found that the application data\microsoft\visualstudio folder holds toolbar information, along with other information, so I am thinking that perhaps my experimentation in changing the Toolbox icon could have caused the problem... > >Any help is very much appreciated! >Anne

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon