We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Strange problem

I have created a custom control derived from GridControl. When i put it on a form, no problem. When i run the app i get : Exception ''System.Resources.MissingManifestResourceException'' in mscorlib.dll Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture (or the neutral culture) in the given assembly. Make sure "Form1.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly "MyGrid.Example1". baseName: Form1 locationInfo: MyGrid.Example1.Form1 resource file name: Form1.resources assembly: MyGrid.Example1, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null On Mygrid3.HideCols = ((Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModelHideRowColsIndexer)(resources.GetObject("Mygrid3.HideCols"))); Removing the line works but it keeps adding this line everytime i recompile

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 18, 2005 12:39 PM UTC

What version of our controls are you using? The 3.0 library should no loner try to write binary resources, but earlier releases do. Are you trying to design the derived gridcontrol on the form by hiding columns or something at design time on the form where you dropped the derived grid? If so, this will not work. We do not support visual inheritance in our GridControl (though our tool''s controls do).

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 18, 2005 01:05 PM UTC

I use 2.0.5.1 Grid version I''m not doing anything in the property window, everything in the code... I don''t know from where this hidecol has been set

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 18, 2005 04:17 PM UTC

Can you upgrade to 3.0.1.0 or higher? This code does away with binary resource and once you delete this line, it should stay deleted.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon