We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Wrong behavior when closing a tabbed MDI child

I have a form that I open as an MDI child. A tab is created properly for it. But the following occurs. 1. When I close the application, only the current MDI form closes (though its tab stays there, the focus switches back to the first tab). 2. When I invoke close() on the child form from within that form, it closes, and leaves its tab hanging. How do I properly remove the tab when the window wants to close itself, and why is the Application''s close ''X'' just invoking a close on the current MDI window. I''m sure I''ve goofed on some properties here, but I''m flummoxed. Randy

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 18, 2005 07:10 PM UTC

Hi Randy, I can''t say I''ve seen anything like that before. I''ve attached a sample created in v3.2 that works correctly. Can you try to modify it to recreate your problem? Thank you for your cooperation. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

RM Randy Magruder May 1, 2005 05:17 PM UTC

Thanks. Your application works fine. Mine doesn''t. I went through and made sure I was doing the exact same thing that you are, but the wrong behavior persists. Is there a way I can send you the project to look at? Randu >Hi Randy, > > I can''t say I''ve seen anything like that before. I''ve attached a sample created in v3.2 that works correctly. Can you try to modify it to recreate your problem? Thank you for your cooperation. >Regards, >Gregory Austin >Syncfusion Inc. > >

RM Randy Magruder May 1, 2005 05:18 PM UTC

Er, Randy - dang laptop :) >Thanks. > >Your application works fine. Mine doesn''t. I went through and made sure I was doing the exact same thing that you are, but the wrong behavior persists. Is there a way I can send you the project to look at? > >Randu > >>Hi Randy, >> >> I can''t say I''ve seen anything like that before. I''ve attached a sample created in v3.2 that works correctly. Can you try to modify it to recreate your problem? Thank you for your cooperation. > >>Regards, >>Gregory Austin >>Syncfusion Inc. >> >>

RM Randy Magruder May 1, 2005 09:08 PM UTC

Hi Gregory, I went through my code yet again, and this time found some behavior that was blocking the close of one of my child forms. I removed that and now the MDI system seems to be working properly, as it is in the sample you reference below. However, both your application and my application share another negative problem. A gray rectangle temporarily formed around the area of the Main menu. It goes away, but is annoying and intrusive, and I don''t know why it is. the only theory I have is that perhaps the window is created and shown BEFORE it is properly slaved to the MDI Parent window. Can you look again at the sample you sent to me and notice the flash of the gray rectangle? Thanks, Randy >Hi Randy, > > I can''t say I''ve seen anything like that before. I''ve attached a sample created in v3.2 that works correctly. Can you try to modify it to recreate your problem? Thank you for your cooperation. > >Regards, >Gregory Austin >Syncfusion Inc. > >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 2, 2005 04:32 PM UTC

Hi Randy, We currently have an open issue regarding tabbed MDI flicker. As it is likely related to this situation, please refer to Defect #194. It contains a workaround that might reduce the flicker. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

RM Randy Magruder May 3, 2005 04:22 PM UTC

Thanks, I will use your workaround. Please log my vote for this one to get fixed soon, as it can really hurt the professional look and feel of an MDI Tabbed app. Thanks, Randy

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon