We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

copy one to many causes range to scroll back in view sometimes?

Can you try the following on the attached sample. Run the sample and when it comes up click the button which will pop up another form. On that grid in cell 1,1 put in 100.00 and hit ctrl-c. Then select a range of cols starting in row0,col2 going all the way to the right of the grid using the mouse. Then hit ctrl-v. Notice how the grid then scrolls back in view basically to where your range you pasted to started from. This is how excel works. Now close that form which will take you back to the first form. Click the button again and now this time only do the range selection you did above starting in row0,col2 going all the way to the right and then hit ctrl-v. This time it wont scroll u back in view where you started the range from. Yesterday you helped me on #27368 and said that clicking that col cell makes it the currentcell. I do this in both cases and cant seem to figure out what is different about one or the other besides im doing a copy ahead of the paste in one scenario and not in the other I will attach a sample and email also.

5 Replies

PB Philip Bishop April 13, 2005 04:36 PM UTC

I couldnt remember if i sent the zip file or not so I sent it again. Thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 14, 2005 12:10 AM UTC

Phil, We do have your sample, but do not have a solution for you yet. Clay

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 15, 2005 01:03 PM UTC

So far, I only have a work-around to suggest. In your ClipboardPaste method. After expanding the range, save its top-left cell. objRange = objRange.ExpandRange(1, 1, dg.RowCount, dg.ColCount) Dim saveRowIndex As Integer = objRange.Top Dim saveColIndex As Integer = objRange.Left Then before you return, explicitly scroll the grid so that saved cell is in view. Me.grdArrearsS.ScrollCellInView(saveRowIndex, saveColIndex) Return True

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 15, 2005 01:14 PM UTC

Is this a bug of some sort or is it suppose to work this way?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 15, 2005 02:02 PM UTC

We don''t really support one-to-many paste in our library, so there is no specification set whether this is expected behavior or not. I do not know yet whether we will try to address this behavior in our code or not. As soon as I do, I will post here. For the time being, you should handle this problem in your custom code that does the paste.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon