We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

CurrentCellChanging event problem

Hi, Firstly, I am currently evaluating the Essential Grid (so I dont know if the issue is fixed in the non-trial version :) ). The problem I have is that even if I set the Cancel property to true in the CurrentCellChanging handler of GridDataBoundGrid, the cell happily continues to accept the changes. Please advise. Best Regards, Lyubomir

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 12, 2003 04:21 PM UTC

Thanks for reporting this. We were not aware on this issue so far. We'll get that fixed. As a workaround try handling the RowEditing event instead in the meantime. Or override PrepareViewStyleInfo and set e.Style.ReadOnly = true Stefan

LK Lyubomir Konstantinov February 12, 2003 04:39 PM UTC

Thanx for the fast response. I've switched to the row event instead. One small issue though (not a big deal) - it looks like the the event is fired after the changes are put in the cell and after the e.cancel = true the original value of the cell is restored (the effect is like of a backspace being pressed). Also the cursor is positioned in the beginning of the cell value. Maybe It will be better to fire the event before the change is applied. Best regards, Lyubomir

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon