We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

AddRelation fails

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

2718 Feb 11,2003 01:14 PM UTC May 17,2003 07:22 PM UTC Windows Forms 3
Tags: GridControl
Curtis Koppang
Asked On February 11, 2003 01:14 PM UTC

What are the reasons AddRelation would not return a GridHierarchyLevel? I am binding to a Ds which I have constructed "by hand" and used a constant for the relation name. When I use the same constant in the call the AddRelation I get back null. I browsed the Ds after its bound to the grid to verify that the DataRelation is indeed in the collection and is named correctly. So are there other reasons this call might return null? Tx, curt

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On February 11, 2003 03:16 PM UTC

Did you set the relation name correctly? Example: ds.Relations.Add(ds.Tables[1].Columns["ProductID"], ds.Tables[2].Columns["ProductID"]); ds.Relations[1].RelationName = "Products_OrderDetails"; GridHierarchyLevel hlProducts_OrderDetails = gridBinder.AddRelation("Products_OrderDetails"); Other than this I can't tell without looking at some code why it returns null. I would need a sample project than. It is best if you create a support incident then. Stefan

Andrew
Replied On May 17, 2003 02:11 PM UTC

Hi, I just found that binder.AddRelation() didn't initialize GridHierarchyLevel if there're no data in related tables. Is there a workaround to fix that? thx, Andrew

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On May 17, 2003 07:22 PM UTC

Sorry, we have no workaround for that. But this problem will be fixed in the 1.6 release which should be really out very soon. Stefan

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;