We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on : Nov 16th 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Version confilt

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

2714 Feb 11,2003 06:59 AM UTC Feb 11,2003 01:55 PM UTC WinForms 1
Tags: GridControl
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On February 11, 2003 06:59 AM UTC

Hi, I've developed a program some time ago (when version 1.1 was state of the art). I copied all the binary-files (including Syncfusion.Shared.dll and Syncfusion.Grid.dll) to another users hard drive, so that he could test the program. The program ran without any problems! Then I updated my version of Syncfusion Grid to 1.5.0.0 and the program kept running just fine on MY computer (with VS.NET). On the test user's computer I replaced all the previous files (including Syncfusion.Shared.dll and Syncfusion.Grid.dll). But now, whenever I try to use the grid I get the following error: (notice that it says, that it failed to partial bind version 1.1.0.0! - later on the error message, however it states that it is using version 1.5.0.0!) // ****** ERROR MESSAGE BEGINS HERE ************* See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** System.TypeLoadException: Could not load a type. Failed to partial bind to "Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridRowColSizeDictionary, Syncfusion.Grid, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89". at System.Resources.ResourceReader.ReadResources() at System.Resources.ResourceReader..ctor(Stream stream, Hashtable table) at System.Resources.RuntimeResourceSet..ctor(Stream stream) at System.Resources.ResourceManager.CreateResourceSet(Stream store) at System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents) at System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents) at System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents) at System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetObject(String name, CultureInfo culture) at System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetObject(String name) ... ************** Loaded Assemblies ************** ... Syncfusion.Grid Assembly Version: 1.5.0.0 Win32 Version: 1.5.0.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/Program Files/My Program/Syncfusion.Grid.DLL ---------------------------------------- Syncfusion.Shared Assembly Version: 1.5.0.0 Win32 Version: 1.5.0.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/Program Files/My Program/Syncfusion.Shared.DLL ... // ****** ERROR MESSAGE ENDS HERE ************* Any help, will be greatly appreciated. Kenneth

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On February 11, 2003 01:55 PM UTC

If you have a form with resources that was created with version 1.1 or earlier you need to manually convert the resource file to work with version 1.5. I attached the readme for the egresconvert tool. Stefan

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;