We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Need help on Orientation of Chart

Hi, I need to change the orientation of the graph 90 degrees clockwise or anticlockwise. I have a chart drawn on a graph with normal orientation of X and Y axis, I need to rotate this graph to 90 degrees in such a way tht my current Y axis becomes X and current X becomes Y. It will be of great help if you could provide me solution for this. I am using 3.0.1.0. Thanks in advance, Sara

8 Replies

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team April 6, 2005 07:04 PM UTC

Hi Sara, There is no direct means to changing the Orientation of the Chart. Could you please let us know what type of Chart you are rending using the ChartControl? If you are using a Column Chart, your could try changing the chart type to Bar to gets bars beginning along the Y axis. Please let us know. Thanks, Davis

SA Sara April 7, 2005 05:49 AM UTC

Hi Davis, Thanks a bunch for your prompt reply. I am using spline chart. Thanks in advance Sara >Hi Sara, > >There is no direct means to changing the Orientation of the Chart. > >Could you please let us know what type of Chart you are rending using the ChartControl? If you are using a Column Chart, your could try changing the chart type to Bar to gets bars beginning along the Y axis. > >Please let us know. > >Thanks, > >Davis

SA Sara April 11, 2005 04:30 AM UTC

Hi Davis, Awaiting your reply. Please do the needful. Thanks Sara

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team April 12, 2005 02:59 PM UTC

Hi Sara, If you can do without a interactive Chart, you can export the Chart to a image and place it in a PictureBox control and change the Orientation. Please refer to the sample linked to below: ChartSplineOrient_3439.zip Thank you for your patience. Regards, Davis

SA Sara April 13, 2005 10:01 AM UTC

Hi Davis, Thanks for the help. Is this the only way to rotate the axes, as the current solution might is IO intensive. The requirement is like the graph might have to change every second. Thanks again for the support, Bye, ~Sara

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team April 13, 2005 12:51 PM UTC

Hi Sara, Is your requirement for Spline type charts only or for other charts also? I will discuss this with the development team and consider some options to build in Orientation support into some chart types. I will update this thread with more information at the earliest. Thank you for your patience. Regards, Davis

BF BROSSET FREDERIC February 19, 2015 09:25 AM UTC

Hi, new info ?

AB Akbar Basha K M Syncfusion Team February 20, 2015 10:06 AM UTC

Hi Sara,
A support incident to track the status of the query has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates
https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Best,
Akbar Basha KM

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon