We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Essential Suite version 3.2

Dear customers, Essential Studio version 3.2.0.0 is available for download. http://64.78.18.34/squiffler/patches/v3.2.0.0/syncfusionessentialstudiosetup.exe This version will automatically allow you to retrieve a key. New features This release is a service pack release and contains several fixes for all products. Details are available in the release notes installed with the product. This version also includes a beta version of Essential Grid for ASP.NET. This release also contains several significant feature additions to each Essential Studio component. Details of these changes are also provided in release notes included with the product. Notes Essential Suite has been renamed to Essential Studio. You may see a few references to Essential Suite - such references will be phased out shortly. Though Side-by-side installs are supported, it is preferable to uninstall earlier versions before installing Essential Studio 3.2.0.0. This is not the final release version of version 3.2.0.0. In accordance with our normal release cycle we will make this version available for 7 days. We do not expect to make any changes to the product assemblies during this period. Samples and documentation will undergo minor changes during this period. It is definitely fine to use this version with your applications. Thank you for your patience. We enjoyed working on version 3.2.0.0. Version 3.2.0.0 is the most complete Syncfusion Studio till date. We hope that you enjoy using it in your applications. Best regards, Daniel

27 Replies

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team April 6, 2005 12:09 PM UTC

We just noticed that this upload was incomplete. We had to restart the upload. Please wait for about 45 minutes before trying to download. Thanks, Daniel

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team April 6, 2005 01:44 PM UTC

This has been fixed. Thanks, Daniel

RM Ross Micheals April 6, 2005 02:13 PM UTC

>Version 3.2.0.0 is the most complete Syncfusion Studio till date. It''s also the ONLY Syncfusion STUDIO to date!

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team April 6, 2005 03:44 PM UTC

True :)

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 6, 2005 03:47 PM UTC

Great! Is there another way to get a key for the installation? I tried the automatic key retriever, but it said that it was unable to get to the internet. Obviously my computer is connected to the internet, since I am able to write this message. I couldn''t find a new key in my direct trac. Could someone help me with the key? Thanks.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 6, 2005 03:53 PM UTC

Hi Raymond You can also get a key for the new version by clicking on the key icon right next to the download icon or by sending an email to salessupport@syncfusion.com. Regards Arun

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 6, 2005 04:05 PM UTC

Hi Arun, There is no download item for 3.2 in my direct trac. There is one for 3.0.1, but nothing for 3.2

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 6, 2005 04:32 PM UTC

Hi Raymond The link will be up shortly. In the mean time you can send an email to salessupport@syncfusion.com or open a support incident requesting a key. Regards Arun

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 6, 2005 05:23 PM UTC

Is it ok to start posting questions to the appropriate control forums concerning this release or should we wait a little bit? Thanks,

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team April 6, 2005 07:01 PM UTC

Hi Daniel, It is fine to post queries on this release in the forums or Direct-Trac. Thanks, Daniel

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 7, 2005 12:15 PM UTC

i upgraded to 3.2.0.0. now i am running into "objectreference not set to an instance of an object" whenever i open up mdichild forms from my application. i tried using the licensing enabler. but i keep getting: "Processed file: xxx.vbproj, Error: Unable to recognize project file format " how do i fix this? i need help urgently!

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team April 7, 2005 01:59 PM UTC

Lance, What version of VS.NET are you using? Can you send an email to support@syncfusion.com_remove_me with your contact phone number? Thanks, Daniel >i upgraded to 3.2.0.0. now i am running into "objectreference not set to an instance of an object" whenever i open up mdichild forms from my application. > >i tried using the licensing enabler. but i keep getting: > >"Processed file: xxx.vbproj, Error: Unable to recognize project file format >" > >how do i fix this? i need help urgently!

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 7, 2005 02:00 PM UTC

Hi Lance, Could you please create a Direct-Trac incident in this regard and update us with more information ? A test sample that demonstrates this problem also would be of great help here. We appreciate your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 7, 2005 04:42 PM UTC

yes, i have created a directrac (id: 17726) it appears it got to do with the new licensing model of syncfusion when i upgrade from 2.1.0.9 to 3.0.1.0 and then 3.2.0.0. this is the error text i got: ************** Exception Text ************** System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.FusionLicenseProvider.GetLicense(LicenseContext context, Type type, Object instance, Boolean allowExceptions) at System.ComponentModel.LicenseManager.ValidateInternalRecursive(LicenseContext context, Type type, Object instance, Boolean allowExceptions, License& license, String& licenseKey) at System.ComponentModel.LicenseManager.ValidateInternal(Type type, Object instance, Boolean allowExceptions, License& license) at System.ComponentModel.LicenseManager.Validate(Type type, Object instance) at Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.LicensedComponent..ctor(Type type) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.TabControlAdv..ctor() at MEDiLAB.frmStartPage.InitializeComponent() in D:\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\MEDiLAB 2005\MEDiLAB\frmStartPage.vb:line 70 at MEDiLAB.frmStartPage..ctor() in D:\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\MEDiLAB 2005\MEDiLAB\frmStartPage.vb:line 10 at MEDiLAB.frmMediLAB.DisplayLoginForm() in D:\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\MEDiLAB 2005\MEDiLAB\frmMediLAB.vb:line 1197 at MEDiLAB.frmMediLAB.frmMediLAB_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\MEDiLAB 2005\MEDiLAB\frmMediLAB.vb:line 1168 at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl() at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl() at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 7, 2005 04:53 PM UTC

upon further test, it seem that the resource file could be at fault. in the resx file, i found this: Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus.BarItem, Syncfusion.Tools, Version=2.1.0.9, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89 i tried using convertresx.exe (convertresx1.1.zip) but i got runtime error and was not successful. any other way i can update the resx files?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 8, 2005 10:06 AM UTC

i have did more test and found out that 3.2 conflict with webservices. i have attached a sample that will produce the error. Solution1_8183.zip currently i have to disable webservices on my apps in order to proceed with my development. but i will need the webservice connections up. will really appreciate if you guys could expedite on this.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 12, 2005 08:10 AM UTC

The TAB key stops working in Visual Studio after you a open designer containing a treeview and a toolbar. Must be a keyboardhook you setup that is not properly working with swedish keyboard. Created an incident with it. This is a MUST fix.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 12, 2005 01:08 PM UTC

Thank you for finding this. You don''t realize how important something is until you don''t have it anymore, such as the TAB key.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 12, 2005 01:11 PM UTC

My keyboard is American (standard). Win XP SP1 Essential Suite 3.1.0.1 (I''m about to upgrade) VS .NET 2003 Using Whole Tomato 10.1

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 12, 2005 03:03 PM UTC

Hi Kevin and Martin, Thanks for your feedback on this issue. This is a known shortcoming in the XPMenus framework in v3.2 and we have an open bug report defect# 187 on the same. We will try our very best to take care of this issue at the earliest. You could track the progress of this bug fix at this link below : Defect #187 - Disabled Tab key in VS.NET code editor We appreciate your patience and cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 13, 2005 01:41 AM UTC

I have the Feb CTP VS.NET 2005 installed on my machine; any reason that the "Update 2005 VS.NET toolbox" checkbox in the assembly manager is greyed out? CT

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 13, 2005 01:13 PM UTC

Whidbey Beta 1 and the various CTPs do have different registry keys for getting these things working. We''ll fix that once Beta 2 is out later this month. We will also then provide assemblies that are built against the Whdibey Beta 2 framework. In the Studio 3.2 version you have right now the prebuilt assemblies are built with the Whidbey Beta 1 framework. Stefan >I have the Feb CTP VS.NET 2005 installed on my machine; any reason that the "Update 2005 VS.NET toolbox" checkbox in the assembly manager is greyed out? > >CT

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 14, 2005 10:07 PM UTC

Hi Kevin and Martin, Defect# 187 has been now fixed internally and the fixes will be available in the final v3.2 release due shortly. We appreciate your continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 15, 2005 12:21 AM UTC

Thanks! 3.2 is looking solid.

NE Ne April 15, 2005 08:51 PM UTC

Not for me

CT Craig Tadlock May 13, 2005 01:58 AM UTC

I just installed a fresh verison of 3.2.1.0 with Beta 2 installed; I still don''t see it available in Assembly Manager? CT >I have the Feb CTP VS.NET 2005 installed on my machine; any reason that the "Update 2005 VS.NET toolbox" checkbox in the assembly manager is greyed out? > >CT

AN Angelica May 25, 2005 05:52 PM UTC

>i have did more test and found out that 3.2 conflict with webservices. > >i have attached a sample that will produce the error. > >Solution1_8183.zip > >currently i have to disable webservices on my apps in order to proceed with my development. but i will need the webservice connections up. will really appreciate if you guys could expedite on this. > >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon