We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Exception when closing Tabbed MDI window

Using the latest version of the components, when I have a MDI window open, I can close it either by clicking on general purpose [x] in the upper right corner of the tab set, or I can right click and select close. Doing the former works fine. Doing the latter generates an exception. Since i don''t have source, I don''t know why. What is the proper way to handle the default right click ''close'' menu on the actual tab? Thanks, Randy

4 Replies

RM Randy Magruder April 5, 2005 10:36 PM UTC

A little more information on this. The exception occurs whether I close the window or not. No matter how I leave the popup close menu I will get this exception. It is an InteropServices.SEHException. >Using the latest version of the components, when I have a MDI window open, I can close it either by clicking on general purpose [x] in the upper right corner of the tab set, or I can right click and select close. > >Doing the former works fine. Doing the latter generates an exception. Since i don''t have source, I don''t know why. What is the proper way to handle the default right click ''close'' menu on the actual tab? > >Thanks, >Randy

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 6, 2005 03:02 PM UTC

Hi Randy, I suspect you are using the Application.EnableVisualStyles call in your application. If so, I believe this is an issue with the Application.EnableVisualStyles() method and not a bug in our tabbedMDI framework. The following dotnet forum post provides more information on this : Application.EnableVisualStyles Problem Simply invoking the Application.DoEvents() method after the Application.EnableVisualStyles() call will resolve this problem. I have attached a test sample here that illustrates this problem and the workaround. Let me know if this works for you. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

RM Randy Magruder April 6, 2005 06:33 PM UTC

Sounds like that''s probably what''s going on. I will try this out. (Btw, have you guys tried to use the forums from Firefox? The window for text entry is really, really tiny. >Hi Randy, > >I suspect you are using the Application.EnableVisualStyles call in your application. If so, I believe this is an issue with the Application.EnableVisualStyles() method and not a bug in our tabbedMDI framework. The following dotnet forum post provides more information on this : > >Application.EnableVisualStyles Problem > >Simply invoking the Application.DoEvents() method after the Application.EnableVisualStyles() call will resolve this problem. I have attached a test sample here that illustrates this problem and the workaround. Let me know if this works for you. > >Regards, >Guru Patwal >Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 6, 2005 10:20 PM UTC

Hi Randy, We''re aware of some compatibility issues with our Website and FireFox. I''ll take a look into the forums specifically and see I can get that fixed by the end of the week. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon