We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Binding a Window Form with a (GridDataBoundGrid / GridGroupingControl) in Master-Details

Hi, Please, I have a windows form. On that form I have some TextBoxAdv controls bound to a Master Table. I would like to bind a (GridDataBoundGrid / GridGroupingControl) on the same form to Details Table. Best regards, Jamâl-Dine DISSOU

8 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 5, 2005 04:04 PM UTC

For a GroupingGrid, see this sample. \Syncfusion\Essential Suite\3.0.1.0\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\Grouping\MasterDetailForm For a GridDataBoundGrid, see this entry in the grid user guide. ms-help://MS.VSCC/Syncfusion.Essential_Suite/Syncfusion.EssentialSuiteUsersGuide/syncfusion.ug.grid/syncfusion.ug.grid/UsingAMasterdetailsRelation.html

PD Prof DISSOU Jamâl-Dine April 5, 2005 04:38 PM UTC

Thanks a loat. Additional question : How to make a GridGroupingControls Column to ResizeToFit all the Grid ? Jamâl-Dine DISSOU

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 5, 2005 05:44 PM UTC

You can try calling this.gridGroupingControl1.TableModel.ColWidths.ResizeToFit(GridRangeInfo.Table());.

PD Prof DISSOU Jamâl-Dine April 7, 2005 12:12 PM UTC

Hi Clay, It doesn''t work Jamâl-Dine DISSOU

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 7, 2005 12:55 PM UTC

On the initial Display, you can use this setting to force the grid to check all the values to size the column. this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.AllowCalculateMaxColumnWidth = true; After that, say in a button handler, I saw the above code enlarge (but not shrink) columns if necessary to display the full text. Are you trying this is a nested table or something?

PD Prof DISSOU Jamâl-Dine April 7, 2005 05:04 PM UTC

OK How to make the ggc shrink ? Jamâl-Dine DISSOU

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 7, 2005 06:33 PM UTC

Right now, the only way I would know to do it is to first make the with small, and then call ResizeToFit. You set the width of a column using grid.TableDescriptor.Columns["SomeCol"].Width.

PD Prof DISSOU Jamâl-Dine April 8, 2005 04:29 PM UTC

Thanks a lot Jamâl-Dine DISSOU

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon