We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Multiple selection in grouping grid

Is it possible to select multiple cells in the grouping grid? I would like to copy/paste between excel and the grouping grid.

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 5, 2005 03:31 PM UTC

You can try setting: this.gridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.AllowSelection = GridSelectionFlags.Any; this.gridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.ListBoxSelectionMode = SelectionMode.MultiExtended; This will tell the grid to use the underlying support from GridControlBase, and this will allow you to copy from a GroupingGrid. GridControlBase selection support does not work well with nested tables.

KK Kjetil Kåresen April 6, 2005 07:29 AM UTC

Thanks a lot for your quick reply. Works fine! I noticed one small thing, though: When I click on the upper left square I expect the whole grid to become selected, but if the grid is grouped there is one or two rows at the top that are not selected.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 6, 2005 12:10 PM UTC

Try handling the TableControlCellClick event and explicitly selecting the whole table if you click on the top left cell.
private void gridGroupingControl1_TableControlCellClick(object sender, GridTableControlCellClickEventArgs e)
{
	GridTableCellStyleInfo style = e.TableControl.Model[e.Inner.RowIndex, e.Inner.RowIndex];
	if(e.Inner.ColIndex == 0 && style.TableCellIdentity.TableCellType == GridTableCellType.ColumnHeaderCell)
	{
		e.TableControl.Selections.SelectRange(GridRangeInfo.Table(), true);
	}
}

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon