We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Making a Column Read-Only when using a background Access Database in the DataSource Property

Hi, I''m working on a project currently where the user must enter data that is placed into a background Access Database. I made the data adapter and the data set of the table being used. I also use the dataset as the datasource for my datagrid. The problem is that a particular column in the dataset is a foreign key to another table and must be constantly set to a specific value that must not be tampered with in order to keep the relationship for updates. Is there a way to easily make specific columns in this datagrid read-only? And also is there some way to set the default value of a particular cell to a preset variable value? (Variable because the foreign key used in this table has to match an autonumber key from the parent table.)

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon