We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

1.6.1.8 -> 2.0.5.1 (TreeViewAdv)

I recently installed version 2.0.5.1 on a notebook and copied over my old 1.6.1.8 project and am having trouble with getting the TreeViewAdv control to build. I get a "is not accessible in this context because it is "Private''". Does a document exist that talks about upgrading from one version to another? David A. Gonzales

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 30, 2005 07:02 PM UTC

Hi David, I am not aware of any documentation regarding transferring from 1.6.1.8, as it''s quite old. However, if you can provide me with some more information regarding the exact error, I''ll see what I can track down. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

DG David Gonzales March 31, 2005 07:15 PM UTC

Greogry, Please find some code snippets with the error message as reported by VS.NET 2002: Source Code Snippet: Note - E = Line with error '' ''TreeViewAdv1 '' Me.TreeViewAdv1.AccelerateScrolling = Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.AccelerateScrollingBehavior.Immediate Me.TreeViewAdv1.AllowDrop = True Me.TreeViewAdv1.BackColor = System.Drawing.Color.LightBlue Me.TreeViewAdv1.BorderColor = System.Drawing.Color.Black E Me.TreeViewAdv1.Controls.AddRange(New System.Windows.Forms.Control() {Me.TreeViewAdv1.ToolTip}) Me.TreeViewAdv1.Font = New System.Drawing.Font("Verdana", 8.0!) '' ''TreeViewAdv1.HelpText '' E Me.TreeViewAdv1.HelpText.Border3DStyle = System.Windows.Forms.Border3DStyle.Sunken E Me.TreeViewAdv1.HelpText.BorderSingle = System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBorderStyle.Solid E Me.TreeViewAdv1.HelpText.BorderStyle = System.Windows.Forms.BorderStyle.FixedSingle E Me.TreeViewAdv1.HelpText.GradientBackground = False E Me.TreeViewAdv1.HelpText.GradientColors = New System.Drawing.Color(-1) {} E Me.TreeViewAdv1.HelpText.Location = New System.Drawing.Point(732, 0) E Me.TreeViewAdv1.HelpText.Name = "helpText" E Me.TreeViewAdv1.HelpText.RestrictWidth = 0 E Me.TreeViewAdv1.HelpText.Size = New System.Drawing.Size(50, 17) E Me.TreeViewAdv1.HelpText.TabIndex = 0 E Me.TreeViewAdv1.HelpText.Text = "help text" Me.TreeViewAdv1.HorizontalThumbTrack = True Me.TreeViewAdv1.HScrollPos = 0 Me.TreeViewAdv1.Indent = 20 Me.TreeViewAdv1.Name = "TreeViewAdv1" TreeNodeAdv1.Culture = New System.Globalization.CultureInfo("en-US") TreeNodeAdv1.Expanded = True Error Message: ''Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.TreeViewAdv.toolTip'' is not accessible in this context because it is ''Private''. Environment: Visual Studio .NET 2002, Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 >Hi David, > > I am not aware of any documentation regarding transferring from 1.6.1.8, as it''s quite old. However, if you can provide me with some more information regarding the exact error, I''ll see what I can track down. > >Regards, >Gregory Austin >Syncfusion Inc.

DG David Gonzales March 31, 2005 07:22 PM UTC

Gregory, The last message I just sent only had one of the error messages in it. That message was for the first error. The following errors all had the following: ''Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.TreeViewAdv.HelpText'' is not accessible in this context because it is ''Private''. Thanks. >Hi David, > > I am not aware of any documentation regarding transferring from 1.6.1.8, as it''s quite old. However, if you can provide me with some more information regarding the exact error, I''ll see what I can track down. > >Regards, >Gregory Austin >Syncfusion Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 31, 2005 10:50 PM UTC

Hi David, I believe that the problem is that some of the properties you were using have become private. Replacing all of your references to TreeViewAdv.ToolTip and TreeViewAdv.HelpText with TreeViewAdv.ToolTipControl and TreeViewAdv.HelpTextControl respectively should fix your problem. Please let me know if it doesn''t. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon