We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Bookmark a row

Kindly let me know if there is any provision in Essential Grid to Bookmark a row.

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 29, 2005 09:49 AM UTC

There is no property or method named BookMark in Essential Grid. What is it that you want to do? If you want to assign a property that moves with a row, you can do so using rowStyle.tag property in a GridControl. In our other grids, you would have to use something like a hashtable to maintain a correspondance between something like a primary key and the cached object. If you want to visually mark all rows that satisfy some requirement that can be dynamically determined every time the row is painted, then you can do this in all three grids, GridControl, GridDataBoundGrid and GridGroupingControl. If you will explain exactly what functionality you need, then we can try to provide more precise information.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 29, 2005 10:06 AM UTC

I have a grid with n rows. I want to Mark a row or couple of rows, which will help me to navigate to the marked rows quickly.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 29, 2005 02:04 PM UTC

You can do something like this in our GridGroupingControl. It maintains a list of Table.UnsortedRecords. You can maintain a list of these indexes and easily move to the record even if the groupinggrid has been sorted or grouped. Here is a little sample. Click on a row and then click bookmark to save a bookmark to the clicked row. You can bookmark several. Then you can use the next button to navaigate among these rows even if you sort or group the grid. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GGC_BookMark_ff7818d3.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 29, 2005 02:24 PM UTC

Thanks for the sample. I will see whether this can be used for my Current requirement.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon