We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DrawCellDisplayText not called with Format containing #

I have a grid containing FormulaCells. For most of the cells I specify a .Format of ''N0'' or ''P1''. However, I also need to use ''#,''. I handle the DrawCellDisplayText event on the grid. When .Format is set to something that starts with #, the DrawCellDisplayText event is never raised for cells that have a zero or empty value. I''m not sure that there isn''t more to it, but if I change .Format from ''#,'' to ''0#,'' then DrawCellDisplayText again starts being raised for zero or empty cells.

4 Replies

TA Tom Abraham March 28, 2005 10:14 PM UTC

I''m not sure what the subtlety is in what the grid is doing, but this format ''#,##0,'' appears to work normally, while ''#,###,'' causes DrawCellDisplayText to not be raised. Perhaps because the grid is testing for an empty string?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 28, 2005 11:49 PM UTC

You are correct. If the text is empty, DrawCellDisplayText is not raised.

TA Tom Abraham March 29, 2005 06:39 PM UTC

Trouble is, the value in these cells is 0. If you go to the cell and hit edit, a zero is displayed for edit. Hit Enter, and the cell goes blank. That''s a problem.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 29, 2005 07:05 PM UTC

If you want to see a 0, then I think you will have to use #,##0. The behavior is from the .NET Framework. You see the same behvior if you try to format a zero with string.Format. Drop 3 lables on a form and add this code to the form load. The only one that shows a zero is the one with 0 in teh format. double d = 0; this.label1.Text = string.Format("{0:#,###,}", d); this.label2.Text = string.Format("{0:#,##0,}", d); this.label3.Text = string.Format("{0:#,###}", d);

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon