We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Grid printing problem - looses cols when maximized

Hi, I hava grid and want to print the contents. When the form which contains the grid is in the original state - meaning the initial size - everything is printed fine. When maximizing the form, the last column is missing in the PrintPreviewDialog. Any hints? Thanks in advance Michael

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 24, 2005 02:19 PM UTC

Are you using the latest public release, 3.0.1.0. It has several printing problems fixed. Can you see this problem in any of our samples? I think all these samples have a PrintPreview button in them. \Syncfusion\Essential Suite\3.0.1.0\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\CellTypes. I checked a few of them with 3010 and they seemed to show all columns in PrintPreview.

MM Michael Mann March 24, 2005 03:54 PM UTC

Yes, I am using 3.0.1.0. I tried some of the samples all of them are fine. Is there a way to explicitly set the range of the printed document? Thought of deriving the GridPrintDocument, but couldn''t find anything... Any hints? Thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 24, 2005 05:12 PM UTC

If by setting the range, you mean setting the start and stop columns and rows for each page, currently there is not a simple way to do this. These settings are computed in the GridPrintDocument.OnBeginPrint method. So, to accomplish this now, you would have to derive GridPrintDocument and override OnBeginPrint. If you have our source code, you can just copy the implementation code from our library up into your override, and make what ever adjustments you want.

MM Michael Mann March 30, 2005 02:26 PM UTC

Hi, I derived it, but I couldn''t find a way to set the printing area. Apart from that, I watched the values in the original grid, and they were fine - without printing the last column. Can you give me a hint, how to set the area / range explicitly in the derived document class? Thanks in advance Michael Mann

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 30, 2005 05:43 PM UTC

Here is a sample. It just swaps out the start/end row and cols for each page in an a override of OnPrintPage. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GC_OnPrintPage_1cd79d8c.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon