We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Grid cells readonly causes high CPU on formula cells

I have a big GridControl of FormulaCells with lots of interdependent formulas. Many of the cells are set to read only. When I scroll the cells with formulas onto the screen, the CPU stays at 100% and appears to be constantly redrawing. If I remove the read only attribute from all cells, the CPU remains at 0%. Is the read only state preventing the grid from saving its own FormulaTags into the GridModel?? Tom

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 21, 2005 09:51 PM UTC

Yes. You can handle the CurrentCellStartEditing event, and if grid[grid.CurrentCell.RowIndex, grid.CurrentCell.ColIndex].CellType == "FormulaCell", you can set e.Cancel = true. This will prevent the formula cells from being editable without using the ReadOnly property which locks out style changes.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 22, 2005 02:59 PM UTC

We have corrected this problem in our library code. In the next release(it is in the works, but I do not know when), formula cells which are readonly will be properly calculated and displayed with the values being cached in the FormulaTag object avoiding this CPU spike.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon