We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Grid cells readonly causes high CPU on formula cells

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

26354 Mar 21,2005 03:13 PM Mar 22,2005 09:59 AM Windows Forms 2
Tags: GridControl
Tom Abraham
Asked On March 21, 2005 03:13 PM

I have a big GridControl of FormulaCells with lots of interdependent formulas. Many of the cells are set to read only. When I scroll the cells with formulas onto the screen, the CPU stays at 100% and appears to be constantly redrawing. If I remove the read only attribute from all cells, the CPU remains at 0%. Is the read only state preventing the grid from saving its own FormulaTags into the GridModel?? Tom

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 21, 2005 04:51 PM

Yes. You can handle the CurrentCellStartEditing event, and if grid[grid.CurrentCell.RowIndex, grid.CurrentCell.ColIndex].CellType == "FormulaCell", you can set e.Cancel = true. This will prevent the formula cells from being editable without using the ReadOnly property which locks out style changes.

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 22, 2005 09:59 AM

We have corrected this problem in our library code. In the next release(it is in the works, but I do not know when), formula cells which are readonly will be properly calculated and displayed with the values being cached in the FormulaTag object avoiding this CPU spike.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;