We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

DropDownBarItem, DataSource, DataTable

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

26231 Mar 17,2005 05:21 AM Mar 18,2005 11:56 AM Windows Forms 1
Tags: Tools
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On March 17, 2005 05:21 AM

Hi, i got a problem concerning the DropDownBarItem. I have it on a XPToolbar object. I''m binding the Datasource of it''s ListBox to a DataTable plus setting its Display -and ValueMember. Now i would like to select a specific item directly after I set the Datasource but if I check the count of the listbox items they return 0 until I click on the control at run-time. When is the DataSet populated to the Listbox ? Is there anything i can do to select a specific item in the ctor of my application ?? Please, need help

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 18, 2005 11:56 AM

Hi Oliver, It appears that the ListBox doesn''t populate it''s Items collection until after it''s been displayed. You can workaround this by "flashing" the Popup momentarily. And by setting the ListBox to be invisible, you can prevent any additional flicker. The following code snippet demonstrates this: listBox1.Visible = false; this.dropDownBarItem1.PopupControlContainer.ShowPopup(new Point(0,0)); this.dropDownBarItem1.PopupControlContainer.HidePopup(); listBox1.Visible = true; Hope this helps. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;