We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

CellValueType set to string for expression columns

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

26221 Mar 16,2005 07:22 PM Mar 16,2005 07:38 PM Windows Forms 1
Tags: Grouping
Faraz Haque
Asked On March 16, 2005 07:22 PM

I have been struggling to format the cells in the expression field of my grouping grid, but the Format property doesnt seem to work. On further investigation, i found out that the cell value types for those columns is set to System.String. I am trying to set it back to typeof(decimal), but this doesnt seem to work. Can someone please post a workaround! thanks

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 16, 2005 07:38 PM

Faraz, the following ctor initializes a new expression field with a name, expression, and result type. The result type will then be picked up by style.CellValueType and your style.Format should work then. public ExpressionFieldDescriptor( string name, string expression, Type resultType ); Parameters: name - The name of the field. expression - The expression. See the Grid User''s Guide for expression syntax and examples. resultType - The result type. Stefan >I have been struggling to format the cells in the expression field of my grouping grid, but the Format property doesnt seem to work. On further investigation, i found out that the cell value types for those columns is set to System.String. I am trying to set it back to typeof(decimal), but this doesnt seem to work. Can someone please post a workaround! > >thanks >

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;