We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

CellValueType set to string for expression columns

I have been struggling to format the cells in the expression field of my grouping grid, but the Format property doesnt seem to work. On further investigation, i found out that the cell value types for those columns is set to System.String. I am trying to set it back to typeof(decimal), but this doesnt seem to work. Can someone please post a workaround! thanks

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 17, 2005 12:38 AM UTC

Faraz, the following ctor initializes a new expression field with a name, expression, and result type. The result type will then be picked up by style.CellValueType and your style.Format should work then. public ExpressionFieldDescriptor( string name, string expression, Type resultType ); Parameters: name - The name of the field. expression - The expression. See the Grid User''s Guide for expression syntax and examples. resultType - The result type. Stefan >I have been struggling to format the cells in the expression field of my grouping grid, but the Format property doesnt seem to work. On further investigation, i found out that the cell value types for those columns is set to System.String. I am trying to set it back to typeof(decimal), but this doesnt seem to work. Can someone please post a workaround! > >thanks >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon