We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Grid Bound Columns Lost when opening forms

Hi, When i open the form all the grid bound coloumns are lost. I need to recreate again. It happens frequently. Can you tell me the way how to solve it. Thanks & Regards Vijay Anand Kannan

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 10, 2005 02:38 PM UTC

Are you talking about losing columns when you open a form in the designer? Or, at some other place. Are you using version 3.0.1.0 of our libraries? One thing you might want to do before you open any form in the designer is to always build the project first. This is particularly important if you are using derived controls on your form, as the framework may have a problem finding these controls unless the code has been compiled first.

VA Vijay Anand Kannan March 11, 2005 04:01 AM UTC

Hi Clay, Thanks for your reply. We are using Essential Suite 1.5.2.0 Essential Grid 1.5.2.0 We developed our own user control in which we use Syncfusion Grid. No change in the controls except we call by diffent name. We develop in VB.Net and Frame work 1.1 and Visual Studio 2003. Excatly you are right, i am talking about Designer. When i go to the properties -> Grid bond Columns nothing is there. But in the code we could find everything. Sometime the code we get lost these lines which contain the columns bounded Grid1.GridBoundColumns.AddRange(New Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridBoundColumn() {} At Present we take the copy of that and store somewhere in the code. It is very difficut to add the code at runtine, moveover if we need to add controls to the grid it is difficult process Your help in this regard is highly appreciated. Thanks Vijay Anand Kannan >Are you talking about losing columns when you open a form in the designer? Or, at some other place. > >Are you using version 3.0.1.0 of our libraries? > >One thing you might want to do before you open any form in the designer is to always build the project first. This is particularly important if you are using derived controls on your form, as the framework may have a problem finding these controls unless the code has been compiled first. > >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 11, 2005 09:01 AM UTC

My only suggestion for this problem is to make sure you rebuild your classes before you try to open a form un the designer. The 1.5 code base is not being worked on at this point since in is more that 2 years old and 4 major releases ago. You might consider upgrading to the current version. To debug designer problems like this would require you to have source code and build debug libraries using teh Assembly Manager. Then you launch 2 instances of visual studio, and set one instance to debug the other. You then load you project in the instance of VisStu that is being debug and see if the first instance catches any exceptions that might be contributing to this problem. If you want to pursue this more, you should open a Direct Trac support incident.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon