We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Change docking tabs color

Hello, I am currently looking for a way to set the color of the tabs of docked controls. I have found a relevant message on the forum (http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=16323), but there is no public answer to the user''s problem. Could you please publish it ? I am not looking for a way to modify the window bar''s color, I already know how to do that (listening to the ProvideGraphicsItems event), but the color of the tab when a control is docked (tab on the right side of the screen for example). For example, I would like to be able to have a red tab and a yellow tab. Thank you Guillem Mazarico

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 10, 2005 06:55 PM UTC

Hi Guillem, Please take a look at the attached sample and let me know if it meets your requirements. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

GM Guillem Mazarico March 14, 2005 11:11 AM UTC

Thank you for the sample. It gave me a few ideas on how to implement colored tabs. I just had to play around with the docking manager. I think you should integrate this kind of sample in your product documentation. Cheers

KM kmdigliio April 1, 2005 07:06 PM UTC

I have the need as Guillem, although I am a VB.NET guy. I converted the C# example you provided to VB. I am unable to get this to work. Could you please provide an example in VB? Once I changed my DockingManager to a CustomDockingManager, it no longer docks any controls. I step through the code and watch it execure but nothing is docking.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 4, 2005 03:24 PM UTC

Hi Kevin, I''ve created a VB version of the sample. I''ve also enhanced it so that an undocked and then redocked control will still have colored tabs. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

GM Guillem Mazarico April 4, 2005 04:03 PM UTC

One thing that is missing here, is that a color does not ''stick'' to a control... And I think that is what he is looking for. I''ll create a small demo as soon as I have got time on my hands, would it be possible for Syncfusion to host this example ?

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon