We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GDBG, DateTime,masking and validation

I want to create a mask for date time and also disallow user to type an invalid date time. What I did to create this behavior is: 1. Creating a mask as: "##/##/####". 2. Defining a format as: "dd/MM/YYYY". The problems I have are: 1. In this configuration, somehow I''m getting an error of invalid date time, even when I''m entering a totally valid date time? 2. By defining the mask and format, no validation for proper date time value are made?! (For example: User can still enter a month equals to 39). Do I need to do the validation on the date time value my self? Isn''t enough to define the mask and format also to validate the values and not only the scheme? 3. In the following scenarios an error message appears. How can I control the text of these messages? 3.1) If the text I''m entering doesn''t fix the mask scheme, an error with "Invalid Text" appears. 3.2) If "CellValueType" isn''t defined, when trying to submit the value to the table column itself and the type doesn''t match, and error message appear. 3.3) If "CellValueType" is defined, and the value entered doesn''t match the "CellValueType" an error message appears in a different format from the one which appears in "3.2" scenario. Thanks for your help, Gil K

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 24, 2005 12:48 PM UTC

If you have our Tools library, the simplest way to edit formatted dates is to put a DateTimePickerAdv in a cell. Here is a sample. http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/uploads/datepickercell.zip If you do not have tools, then you can catch events and manage the keystrokes yourself. Here is a sample showing this idea. http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/uploads/9191.zip The need for the error messages goes away if you use teh first technique as that control will not let your user enter an invalid date. If you use the second technique, you can specify the message by setting grid.CurrentCell.ErrorMessage when you set e.Cancel = true to cancel an entry.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon