We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

InvalidConnectionException

Hi, Using the sample application in "Syncfusion Diagram" called "OrgChart", I am able to generate an "InvalidConnectionException". All I have to do is create 2 symbols, draw a connection between them, and on the tail port of the connection, try to change the connection back to itself, (in other words source port and target port are the same). It may not happen on the first try, it may happen after less than 10 attempts, but I am able to consistently generate this exception. Is there a way to fix this or get around this bug?? Thank you.

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 23, 2005 11:47 PM UTC

Hi Max, I am not sure I understand the bit about trying to change the connection back to itself. Can you please provide a step-by-step of the sequence that is required after the two symbols have been added to the diagram and connected using the link. Thanks, Prakash Syncfusion, Inc

ML Maxwell Lee February 24, 2005 01:32 AM UTC

Hi Prakash, Here is the step by step procedure: (1) Run "OrgChart" application (2) Place 2 members on the diagram, it doesn''t matter their name or job title. Try to place them side by side horizontally, so that a link drawn between them would be a horizontal line. (3) Draw a link between the member on the left side to the member on the right side. The link should look like a straight horizontal line, with the arrow head on the right side. (4) Select the link so that there are 2 little boxes showing up on both ends of the link. (5) Ok this is the step where it generates the exception, I''m able to do this consistently on the 1st attempt, but it may take up to 5 attempts. Click on the "right box", while holding the mouse button down, drag to somewhere in the interior of the rectangle, and then drag the bullseye symbol just to the left of the "right box", it is an area inside of the arrow head that is gray. The exception pops up a dialog saying an "InvalidConnectionException" occurred. >Hi Max, > >I am not sure I understand the bit about trying to change the connection back to itself. Can you please provide a step-by-step of the sequence that is required after the two symbols have been added to the diagram and connected using the link. > >Thanks, >Prakash >Syncfusion, Inc >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 25, 2005 12:12 AM UTC

Hi Max, Thank you for the detailed step-by-step instructions. I was able to reproduce the problem, and have logged a fix for the condition. The exception was being caused by the LinkTool allowing a Link Port to be moved onto itself. We are on the verge of shipping the next update of Essential Diagram, and this release will include the fix for the problem. Regards, Prakash Syncfusion Inc.,

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon