We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Hide tab area in TabbedMDIManager

I want to be able to hide the tabs (and the area where the tabs are placed) for a TabbedMDIManager. In this case, I should still be able to see the actual form, just not the tab up top. How can I do this? Thank you.

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 21, 2005 05:33 AM UTC

To be more specific, if I do tabbedMdiManager.TabGroupHosts[0].MDITabPanel.Hide(); The tabs themselves are hidden, but the gray area where the tabs lives stays. I need to get rid of the area. Thanks again

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 21, 2005 03:49 PM UTC

Hi Dan, The best way to make the Tab area disappear is to set the Height of the TabHost to 0. You''ll need to do this everytime you open or close a new MDI Child, but setting the Height to 0 will reduce the TabHost to a single pixel line. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 22, 2005 01:45 AM UTC

Thanks, that''s almost there. (It turns out that I also have to call host.PerformLayout(); tabbedMdiManager.MdiParent.PerformLayout(); afterwards). However, it still leaves a few-pixel-high blank space up top. Any way to eliminate that? If not, no huge deal, but it would be nice. [Also, can you put in a feature request that you put in a simpler TabbedMDIManager.TabsVisible property? Thanks.]

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 22, 2005 03:22 PM UTC

Hi Dan, I''ve put in a Feature Request for TabbedMDIManager.Visible. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 23, 2005 06:06 AM UTC

Excellent. Could you also add a feature request for TabbedMDIManager.Padding. It would be get if you could set a number of pixels (and color) of padding around the whole tabbed docking area. Thanks.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 23, 2005 01:15 PM UTC

Hi Dan, Another approach to hiding the tabs in a TabbedMDI scenario is to handle the TabbedMDIManager''s TabControlAdded event as shown below : this.tabbedMdiManager.TabControlAdded += new TabbedMDITabControlEventHandler(TabbedMDI_TabControlAdded); private void TabbedMDI_TabControlAdded (object sender, TabbedMDITabControlEventArgs args) { args.TabControl.Visible = false; } Let me know if this works for you. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 25, 2005 01:54 AM UTC

The first method lets me gid rid of the tab area (the verticl whitespace where the tabs live) while the later just gets rid of the tab itself. So, I''ll stick with the first. Thanks again.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon