We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Binder.AddRelation does not work with dataview and untyped dataset

Hi, I upgraded from Syncfusion 2.* to 3.0.1.0 and realized, that Binder.AddRelation changed its behavior. It works fine, when grid''s datasource is typed dataset. It always returns NULL, when datasource is untyped dataset or dataview. Any advice or workaround? Code snippet: GridHierarchyLevel sectionSetting = this.grdSettings.Binder.AddRelation("SectionSetting");

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 18, 2005 02:28 PM UTC

Can you explain what you mean by an untyped dataset or dataview? Binder.AddRelations seems to work properly for a custom collection in this sample. \Syncfusion\Essential Suite\3.0.1.0\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\DataBound\Hierarchical\Customers\ Whatever IList that "SectionSettings" is in your code, you might have it implement ITypedList also. This will give you the ability to control the contents (through the PropertDescriptorCollection from the ITypedList) of the child grid. Here is a thread with snippets showing how you can implement ITypedList http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=9194

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 18, 2005 03:53 PM UTC

>Can you explain what you mean by an untyped dataset or dataview? Untyped dataset is System.Data.DataSet class and dataview is System.Data.DataView class. But it''s quite strange. I created small test project to demonstrate the bug, but in this project everything works fine. Maybe there is something wrong in my code, but it worked good with Syncfusion 2.*. Conclusion - forget about this thread so far, I will try to improve my code or clearly demonstrate the problem. Thanks.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 21, 2005 09:16 AM UTC

Just for your info - I solved my problem. I deleted GridDataBoundGrid from my form and then inserted a new one on the form. Now everything works fine.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon