We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How do I navigate from a symbol to another via links?

Hello, How do I programatically navigate from one symbol to another connected to each other via links? Symbol1->Port->Connection->Port->Link->Port->Connection->Port->Symbol2 I also need to determine the source and destination symbol out from an inserted link object within the diagram_ChildrenChanging event handler A code sample would really be appreciated. Best Regards Tommy

3 Replies

TN Tommy Norman February 17, 2005 06:33 PM UTC

Hi again, My question on how to determine the source and destination symbol out from an inserted link is already solved. I could get all info out from the link object in the diagram_ConnectionsChangeComplete event handler. The first question is also not relevent any more. However I have a new question instead. How can I programatically create a link between two symbol objects including the neccessary connections? Best Regards Tommy

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 18, 2005 11:02 PM UTC

Hi Tommy, You can use the Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.LinkCmd command class to programmatically form a connection between two symbols. The following code should give you an idea, // Create a LinkCmd object and set it up with the Link, the Source and Target ports LinkCmd linkcommand = new LinkCmd(); linkcommand.Link = new Link(Link.Shapes.Line); linkcommand.SourcePort = symbol1.CenterPort; linkcommand.TargetPort = symbol2.CenterPort; // Execute the command to connect the two symbols this.diagram.Controller.ExecuteCommand(linkcommand); Regards, Prakash Syncfusion, Inc

TN Tommy Norman February 21, 2005 08:31 AM UTC

Thanks Prakash, That was exactly was I was looking for. Best Regards Tommy

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon