We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Using Formulas for summary rows - excluding custom summary implementation

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

25055 Feb 16,2005 04:17 PM Feb 16,2005 06:30 PM Windows Forms 1
Tags: Grouping
Colin
Asked On February 16, 2005 04:17 PM

Can I do the following without using the CustomSummary facility (I find it difficult to implement). I am using three columns, col 1 is a value, col 2 is a total, col 3 is the percentage (i.e. col3 = col 1 / col 2). In my summary row, I would like Sum Col 3 = Sum Col 1 / Sum Col 2. I do not want to apply a SUM: formulat or AVERAGE: formula of the Column 3. Instead I want to summarize Cols 1 & 2 and then formula the col3 in the summary row. I know I can implement a custom formula, but was hoping a simple formula like this, did not have to go through the Custom Formula implementation. Thanks

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On February 16, 2005 06:30 PM

One way you can try to do this is to handle the QueryCellStyleInfo event, and if the cell being requested is your summary cell, then provide the value you want to see. Here is a sample that computes a weighted average summary using this technique.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;