We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

building on a different machine

Currently our work env has us build our product on a special machine and develop on others. I have installed the ExcelRW binaries/Dev info on one of the development machines, but I''m trying to avoid doing this on the build machine. I was trying to do a similar method as if deploying on the build machine by including all the ExcelRW assemblies on the build machine. I added some information to the registry so the .NET2003 IDE could find the ExcelRW assemblies without having to browse for them. I have not copied the assemblies to the GAC on the build machine. They are all in a folder which the IDE knows about. The problem comes when I build, it seems everything builds fine except I get the following error: \SFEExcelRW\licenses.licx: Could not transform licenses file ''licenses.licx'' into a binary resource. (1) : error LC0004 : Exception occured creating type ''System.ComponentModel.LicenseException'' Any Idea on what I can do to remedy this problem. The licenses.licx file is the file I created on the development machine and copied to the build machine. Thanks, John Zsigo

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 16, 2005 05:55 PM UTC

Hi John As noted in this Knowledgebase article you will need just a link license to build your application on your build system. The link license needs to be installed on the build machine for you to build your application (otherwise you will get the exception you are encountering). You can contact our Sales Team at salessupport@syncfusion.com to obtain a link license. Regards Arun

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon