We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

MDI and MainFrameBarManager

Hi I am using syncfusion essential suite v 3.0.1.0 I have Three problems First one with ChildFrameBarManager, the problem imitating in the flikiring of the bars during the merge process of the ChildBars as shown in the sample attached. second one is the reordering of the ChildFrameBarManager items (inspite of setting the ''AllowItemsReorderingOnShrunk'' property to false on the ChildFrameBarManagerChild , "This is not always happening") third problem is in the TabbedMDIManager when setting its ''right to left'' property to true and opening many child forms in the MDI form then the close button will disappear (just when the right to left property set to true) I have tried so many solutions and didn''t work, Please any help. note : i don''t know what the problem with your upload form, so if you can give me an email address to send the sample file. Thanks on Advanced

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 16, 2005 04:25 PM UTC

Hi Muayyad, You can send the sample to me at gregorya@syncfusion.com #1 is pretty normal. There''s a few things that can prevent the flickering depending on the exact situation. These include: Using Resume/SuspendLayout, pre-merging the bars with RegisterMdiChildTypes, and making sure that none of the Child BarItems are larger than the Parent BarItems. I''ll take a look at your sample and let you know which ones will help. #2 is happening because merging uses MergeOrder to determine the order of the BarItems. You''ll need to set the MergeOrder for all of the BarItems so that they end up in the order you want. If they all have a MergeOrder of 0 (the default), the order won''t end up like you expect. I''ll take a look at #3 once I get your sample. I''ve also updated your DirectTrac incident: 16730. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

M. Muayyad .M. Samhan February 16, 2005 06:40 PM UTC

Thank u , I''ve send the sample to your email

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 16, 2005 09:12 PM UTC

Hi Muayyad, I''ll be updating your DirectTrac incident momentarily. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

JB John Baker February 18, 2005 02:24 PM UTC

I am actually having a simular problem. I am interested in the three possible solutions. RegisterMdiChildTypes doesn''t help my flicker. Where would I use Resume/SuspendLayout to help? >Hi Muayyad, > >You can send the sample to me at gregorya@syncfusion.com > >#1 is pretty normal. There''s a few things that can prevent the flickering depending on the exact situation. These include: Using Resume/SuspendLayout, pre-merging the bars with RegisterMdiChildTypes, and making sure that none of the Child BarItems are larger than the Parent BarItems. I''ll take a look at your sample and let you know which ones will help. > >#2 is happening because merging uses MergeOrder to determine the order of the BarItems. You''ll need to set the MergeOrder for all of the BarItems so that they end up in the order you want. If they all have a MergeOrder of 0 (the default), the order won''t end up like you expect. > >I''ll take a look at #3 once I get your sample. > >I''ve also updated your DirectTrac incident: 16730. > >Regards, >Gregory Austin >Syncfusion Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 18, 2005 03:38 PM UTC

Hi John, In more detail, the three solutions are: 1) Use SuspendLayout before opening or closing a child. Then use ResumeLayout 2) Call RegisterMdiChildTypes and pass it the types of all your child forms. The bar flickers while the MainFrameBarManager tries to calculate the merged bar, so calculating it ahead of time prevents that. 3) Include a BarItem in the parent''s version of the bar that is at least as large as the largest BarItem in the child''s version. When switching, the bar will be momentarily resized to the size of the parent''s version of the bar. If it''s a different size than the child''s bar, there will be a slight flicker. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon