We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GDBG ComboBox cell problem

I have several GDBGs with editable ComboBoxes that have been working fine for at least 6 months. After moving to 3.0.1.0 they broke. I have GDBG cell with an editable ComboBox with the StyleInfo Choicelist set to a StringCollection. The StyleInfo.CellValueType is a string and the underlying datatable column is a string. The combox drops down but when an item is selected the cell does not update. If I use only mouse clicks to try to select an item from the combobox, it fails but there is no exception. However, if I then try to type into the combobox field, I get the following exception in the output window: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridComboBoxCellModel.GetItemValue(Object dataSource, String valueMember, Object item) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridComboBoxCellRenderer.OnKeyPress(KeyPressEventArgs e) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridCellRendererBase.ProcessKeyEventArgs(Message& m) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridCellRendererBase.RaiseProcessKeyEventArgs(Message& m) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridTextBoxControl.ProcessKeyMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmKeyChar(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.RichTextBox.WndProc(Message& m) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridTextBoxControl.WndProc(Message& msg) catched at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridTextBoxControl

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 11, 2005 12:55 AM UTC

Ken, we made a couple of fixes with Combobox after 3.0.1.0 but I am not sure if that is related to your problem. If you prepare a sample project we can debug into it. Thanks, Stefan >I have several GDBGs with editable ComboBoxes that have been working fine for at least 6 months. After moving to 3.0.1.0 they broke. > >I have GDBG cell with an editable ComboBox with the StyleInfo Choicelist set to a StringCollection. The StyleInfo.CellValueType is a string and the underlying datatable column is a string. The combox drops down but when an item is selected the cell does not update. If I use only mouse clicks to try to select an item from the combobox, it fails but there is no exception. However, if I then try to type into the combobox field, I get the following exception in the output window: > >System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. >at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridComboBoxCellModel.GetItemValue(Object dataSource, String valueMember, Object item) >at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridComboBoxCellRenderer.OnKeyPress(KeyPressEventArgs e) >at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridCellRendererBase.ProcessKeyEventArgs(Message& m) >at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridCellRendererBase.RaiseProcessKeyEventArgs(Message& m) >at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridTextBoxControl.ProcessKeyMessage(Message& m) >at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmKeyChar(Message& m) >at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) >at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.WndProc(Message& m) >at System.Windows.Forms.RichTextBox.WndProc(Message& m) >at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridTextBoxControl.WndProc(Message& msg) >catched at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridTextBoxControl > >

KL Ken Law February 11, 2005 12:47 PM UTC

Is it possible that patch version 3.1.0.1 might fix this problem? If so, I''ll have to try that first. I''m under a severe time crunch from my two largest customers and have to continue working on the guts of my application. Also, my project is very large and even if I find the time to come up with a small sample app I''m concerned it may not exhibit the problem. I will try to find the time to do it, but I may have to just work around it somehow.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 11, 2005 01:04 PM UTC

If you open a dtrac incident and mention this thread I can send you latest assemblies for shared and grid and then you can check it out before we release a patch. Stefan >Is it possible that patch version 3.1.0.1 might fix this problem? If so, I''ll have to try that first. I''m under a severe time crunch from my two largest customers and have to continue working on the guts of my application. Also, my project is very large and even if I find the time to come up with a small sample app I''m concerned it may not exhibit the problem. I will try to find the time to do it, but I may have to just work around it somehow.

KL Ken Law February 15, 2005 01:42 PM UTC

I have downloaded Beta version 3.1.0.5. This version did fix my immediate problem with comboboxes being unusable. Thank you!

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon