We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

GridGroupControl Relations

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

24293 Feb 1,2005 03:53 AM Feb 1,2005 04:56 AM Windows Forms 4
Tags: GridControl
TheoC
Asked On February 1, 2005 03:53 AM

Hi, How do I add relationships between classes programatically. Let me explain: I have custom datasources (they also implement ITypedList), these sources are related-so I would wan''t a parent source and display its related child sources. I am trying to set these relations up but nothing is working. There are no relations in the TableDescriptor.Relations property is empty. The parent table displays perfectly - with custom controls etc... I just can''t add the relations... Please help Thanks Theo C

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On February 1, 2005 04:12 AM

Take a look at the Syncfusion\Essential Suite\3.0.1.0\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\Grouping\StrongTypedCollection sample. I think you will need to create a GridRelationDescriptorCollection, and add your relations to it, and then set this collection as the TableDescriptor.Relations value.

TheoC
Replied On February 1, 2005 04:25 AM

Thanks Clay,

TheoC
Replied On February 1, 2005 04:28 AM

Thanks Clay, How do I go about setting up a RelationDescriptor. There are a lot of settings and I can''t find the right ones to get it to work. How do I get the related Custom DataSource into the ggc and then set the relation up between this child source and the parent source? Thanks for the help, Theo C

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On February 1, 2005 04:56 AM

It sounds like you need to set the RelationKind to RelatedMasterDetails. Take a look at the Syncfusion\Essential Suite\3.0.1.0\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\Grouping\ManualRelations sample. Its sets up RelationKind.RelatedMasterDetails relations.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;