We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GDBG - update filter combo box list of values

Hi, I have a GDBG which is fully editable. When activating the filter bar, the combos in the bar contains the values in each column. I would like the lists in the combo to be automatically update when the user edits the grid. This is not happening. In order to refresh the filter bar combo box lists, I need to remove the bar and add it again. I created my own GridFilterBar object which inherits from GridFilterBar. Then, on grid current cell edit complete, I''m creating the list for the column filter combo again, and this is working fine. The only problem is that I don''t see the changes till I click with the mouse on the filter bar and move to another row. Only then, the combo changes are seen. How can I see the changes immidiatly? Maybe another way to do it? Thank you, Gil K

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 26, 2005 10:48 AM UTC

Another way you can accomplish this task is to generate the list as the filterbar cell is dropped. This way, you would always be assured of only using the latest values in the grid as the lists would be created immediately before the list is dropped. Here is a thread that discusses doing something similar. http://64.78.18.34/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=23781 Regarding the changes not taking effect until you click on and off the filterbar cell, you should check and make sure the new value is actually being placed in the list. If it is not, try calling grid.CurrentCell.ConfirmChanges and grid.Binder.EndEdit before you regenerate the filterbar.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon