We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

HTMLUI LoadFromString and LoadHTML hangs with no exception

I have attached an html file I am attempting to render in the htmlUI control. Transcript_8172.zip I have attempted to load this using both the LoadHtml(System.IO.Stream) and LoadFromString(String) methods without success. When I debug the application, it hits the method call and just waits. No exception is generated (within the 10 minutes I waited) and the application doesn''t crash. Can you explain what is occuring? The html document is valid xhtml. Is is an issue with nested tables not being handled by your system? You help is appreciated.

5 Replies

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team January 26, 2005 02:18 PM UTC

Hi, We regret for the inconvenience caused. We have identified the cause for the problem and the issue should be fixed in the next available patch release. Thank you for your patience. Regards, Davis

BC Bryant Cobarrubias December 9, 2005 08:24 PM UTC

I have a similiar problem. However, I also have a huge memory leak as well. When loading a small html file my memory usage jumps to 300 M.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 12, 2005 04:42 PM UTC

Hi Bryant, We regret for the inconvenience caused. We have tested for this problem and do not see any appreciable jump in the memory usage when loading a file into HTMLUI. Could you please share with the file you are trying to load so that we can test with it? You can upload it here or email it to us at support@syncfusion.com Thanks, Davis

JH Jerome Howard March 23, 2006 04:32 AM UTC

I am trying to load the attached html which is a standard xhtml file created in fireworks. This causes the parser to get stuck in a loop. I believe this is due to the combination of colspan and rowspan settings. I would really appreciate a patch in the near future. Also on the subject of patches, when you release these could you do it in smaller files than the entire 200MB install?

FSMCycle.zip

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team March 24, 2006 06:51 AM UTC

Hi Jerome, 1) Rowspan failure: Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. I was able to reproduce your problem using the given Colspan and Rowspan settings. I have logged a Defect Report #1748 for this behavior. Please keep track of the following link for the status updates. http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/htmlui/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=1748 We will try our very best to implement this at the earliest and get back to you with a patch update. 2) SmallerPatches: Thanks for the suggestion. I have forwarded it to our install team and they will be taking necessary steps to provide patches based on your extensive feedback. Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Nanda

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon