We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

XPMenus.Bar (StatusBar) & ProgressBar

How can i show a progress bar in the status bar (XPMenus.Bar with BarStyle.IsStatusBar) ? How can i defined the width of the static bar items ? Regards, Mikaël

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 27, 2005 03:03 AM UTC

Hi Mikaël, 1. XPMenus.Bar in Statusbar mode can host only BarItems (and its derived objects) and cannot host any other Controls. If you wish to host custom controls in a status bar, then use a detached CommandBar with its DockState set to bottom as shown in the sample attached here. Note that this approach will not support merging in a MDI scenario. 2. I am afraid, a desired size acnnot be set to the StaticBarItems, and they only resize themselves according to the length of the text contained in them. Please let me know if you need any other information. Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

MM Mikaël Morvan January 27, 2005 09:32 AM UTC

Thanks for your sample. But when i add a control in the form and compile the project, i have a message : "Impossible de générer le code pour la propriété ''Controls''. L''erreur était : ''La référence d''objet n''est pas définie à une instance d''un objet.''". In design mode, all work fine but at runtime the control doesn''t appear in the form. Mikaël

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 27, 2005 09:43 AM UTC

I see the same problem. When I add a button to the form, it is not added in to the Form.Controls collection in the designer serilized code. Regards Thomas

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 28, 2005 03:00 PM UTC

Hi, This is a known problem (QA #837) with detached CommandBars in the Designer that we''re in the process of working on. As a workaround, you can declare your CommandBar programmatically and then call MainFrameBarManager.DetachedCommandBars.Add() yourself. The CommandBar won''t show up in the Designer, but it will show up during runtime. I apologize for any inconvenience this might cause. We''ll fix this problem as soon as possible. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon