We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ExcelRW to PDF

Are there any samples or development in the works for taking an ExcelRW IWorkbook and pass it to the PDF generator to automatically create a PDF document? This would save so much time if these two components could be linked together someway.

8 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 27, 2005 12:21 PM UTC

Hi Shannon, Yes, we have plans for integrating ExcelRW and PDF but since the API support for Tables in Essential PDF is not as comprehensive as the Excel Grid''s API so currently there is not much mapping that could be done. However, we plan to improve the PDF''s tables to support complex formatting such that almost all the features in the spreadsheet appear on the generated PDF. We will try to include support for it in about 3-4 weeks time. Thank you for your patience. Best regards, Stephen. >Are there any samples or development in the works for taking an ExcelRW IWorkbook and pass it to the PDF generator to automatically create a PDF document? > >This would save so much time if these two components could be linked together someway.

GR Greg October 5, 2005 08:40 PM UTC

What is the status of this? Can a Syncfusion grid be "printed" as a pdf? If so, what about my paint overrides that place graphics, etc. - how would that be handled? Thanks, Greg

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 6, 2005 01:17 PM UTC

Hi Greg, I will consult this with the development team and get back to you soon. Thanks, Lalitha. >What is the status of this? > >Can a Syncfusion grid be "printed" as a pdf? If so, what about my paint overrides that place graphics, etc. - how would that be handled? > >Thanks, >Greg

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 10, 2005 12:26 PM UTC

Hi Greg, Here is a sample for importing a grid to PDF. gridcontroltopdf.zip Please let me know if you have further questions. Thanks, Lalitha. >What is the status of this? > >Can a Syncfusion grid be "printed" as a pdf? If so, what about my paint overrides that place graphics, etc. - how would that be handled? > >Thanks, >Greg

CC Carlos Campos April 25, 2006 09:38 PM UTC

Hi Lalithat, Is their any news on this. I would like to see the intergration os PDF and EXCEL??? Regards >Hi Greg, > >Here is a sample for importing a grid to PDF. >gridcontroltopdf.zip > >Please let me know if you have further questions. > >Thanks, >Lalitha. >>What is the status of this? >> >>Can a Syncfusion grid be "printed" as a pdf? If so, what about my paint overrides that place graphics, etc. - how would that be handled? >> >>Thanks, >>Greg

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team April 26, 2006 01:19 PM UTC

Hi Lucas, Sorry for the inconvenience. Excel to PDF is implemented but currently there is a bug in implementation. However it will be fixed very soon and it should be available in the next release, which is planned in two to three week’s time frame. The conversion of Excel to PDF would take place in the following stages 1) XlsIO reads the spreadsheet and serializes to an XML format. workbook.SaveAsXml( "Sample.xml", ExcelXmlSaveType.DLS ); 2) Its will be read by Essential PDF which produces the PDF file. pdflDoc.OpenXml("Sample.xml"); Please let me know if you have any other questions Thanks, Ajish.

LI Liat July 11, 2006 06:03 AM UTC

Hi Is the conversion of excel to PDF working yet? Can you provide a working sample? Thanks Liat >Hi Lucas, > >Sorry for the inconvenience. > >Excel to PDF is implemented but currently there is a bug in implementation. However it will be fixed very soon and it should be available in the next release, which is planned in two to three week’s time frame. The conversion of Excel to PDF would take place in the following stages > >1) XlsIO reads the spreadsheet and serializes to an XML format. > >workbook.SaveAsXml( "Sample.xml", ExcelXmlSaveType.DLS ); > >2) Its will be read by Essential PDF which produces the PDF file. > pdflDoc.OpenXml("Sample.xml"); > >Please let me know if you have any other questions > >Thanks, >Ajish. >

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team July 12, 2006 08:44 AM UTC

Hi Liat, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We are working this currently and I will update you with a time frame as soon as possible. Thanks, Ajish.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon